BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Scout

Wow I would buy that Exarch in a heartbeat. Well Done!

Scout

Really nice sculpting is that Fimo you are using for it as I was just wondering as it looks like the stuff my wife uses for her hobby

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Seerkarandras View Post
    Wow I would buy that Exarch in a heartbeat. Well Done!
    I did have her cut up for casting (for contest painting work, but never got around to finishing), couldn't cast her legally though, would be an IP break.

@Joshua Clayton
    It can be, the stickiness seems to put a lot of people off.

@Mark Fisher
    It's Pro-create, a bit like green stuff, but less sticky, a bit thicker when mixed and better at holding finer detail.
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.

Chaplain

Small but ever so important update....

I have been mentioning super sculpey firm for a while now, mentioning it's challenge and its crumbly quality can make life very difficult as it denatures quickly...

Well, as it turns out, I was wrong...very wrong...

The sculpey I had been using was very denatured, so much so it was very crumbly and had no real good qualities to it at all.
    Here's an example:

Denatured sculpey firm

Normal sculpey firm

Look at the differences, they are STAGGERING!

The old crumbly sculpey firm had been sitting in my window for years, yet despite this and the discolouration of the box I never twigged that something might be wrong, but fresh sculpey firm is a joy to work with a real joy!

I have had a quick practice just now, so easy to get fine details, shapes and textures on it, so much more easy than denatured sculpey firm.

Chaplain

Sorry about lack of updates,

Loads has been happening, but I've reached and finalised a very important life based decision, I'm stepping down from professional sculpture for at least two years, perhaps longer or even permanently. I will continue to sculpt as I do enjoy it, but it will only be private pieces, pieces I want to sculpt and at the pace I set down.

It wasn't an easy choice, but I am a busy person, I have a full time job which I enjoy and many other commitments, so much so that I can't justify losing most of my evenings and all of my weekends to sculpture, it's just not practical.

I sent a load of greens off to Avatars of war recently (and had feedback emailed to me this morning, you will be seeing something soonish, but no hints as to which one ) which marks my final commission piece.

Will hopefully get this thread moving again soon.

Iron Father

Looking forward to seeing what you did for Avatars, I get the whole life thing as well and getting priorities right. I think it's important to enjoy what your doing and not pile too much pressure on yourself. Just don't forget to share what your getting up to in this hobby of ours with your own stuff.

http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what you did for Avatars, I get the whole life thing as well and getting priorities right. I think it's important to enjoy what your doing and not pile too much pressure on yourself. Just don't forget to share what your getting up to in this hobby of ours with your own stuff.

Ask and you shall receive....

Iron Father

That's so cool. I will be getting one just to paint. I showed all my friends the sculpt you sent me and how it was a one off from a famous artist. They are all very jealous . I'm moving house this month but when I get settled into the new place I'm going to start work on her.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    That's so cool. I will be getting one just to paint. I showed all my friends the sculpt you sent me and how it was a one off from a famous artist. They are all very jealous . I'm moving house this month but when I get settled into the new place I'm going to start work on her.
    More likely infamous, rather than famous. >>

So glad though, let me know how things go and I hope you enjoy painting both!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    Ask and you shall receive....

that is beautiful
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567