BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

armed with 7 TL str 6 shots 3 with rending(ish) D6+1 str 7 ignores covers shots this super fast skimmer tank when purchased with holo fields has a 4+ cover save. Add in a guardian squad with conceal lock for 125 points and for 270 you have 10 troops in an AV12 transport with a 2+ cover save provided it moved.

pricey at 270

however compare that to

130 poitns for a scatter laser/cannon wave serpant without holo fields and cheaper 5 man dire avengers squad at 65 its already a min 195 for the serpant and you have to worry about shooting the shield due to only having a 5+ for moving. i think the 85 points and the more bodie inside is good, first 2-3 turns kill anti tanke with mass fire. turn 4 troops get out and on objectives. guardians get in terrain is near enought to scoring wi th the warlock and go to ground. if there are no threats to the wave serpants you conceal them, if not conceal the serpent. then keep firing with that 2+ cover

I am going to try this tactic this week for 3 serpents instead of dire avenger serpents... lots of points, 810 for 3 troops and 3 transports but i think it will be worth it

Veteran-Sergeant

Make sure you remember that Conceal will not be confered to the Serpent.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Brother-Sergeant

i like using the serpent shield to blast gun emplacements before my crimsion hunter comes on the board.usually takes 2 serpents to do it, but it still works
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by El_Davo View Post
    i like using the serpent shield to blast gun emplacements before my crimsion hunter comes on the board.usually takes 2 serpents to do it, but it still works
    Alternatively, you could actually do a turn 2 tank shock on the unit controlling the quad gun. This would effectively separate the unit from the gun, making it unable to shoot at the end of the turn.

Of course you risk the death or glory attack but thats why you only do it if the unit itself doesn't have close combat punch.

I don't know how you think that the warlock can give your serpent conceal. It doesn't work like that.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I think he made the same mistake I did, thinking that conceal was target unit, and not "psyker". If it were target unit, he could conceal the tank but since its not, its just the psyker and his unit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I think he made the same mistake I did, thinking that conceal was target unit, and not "psyker". If it were target unit, he could conceal the tank but since its not, its just the psyker and his unit.
    yep, reread it, wave serpents are still pretty baller. keep em lean and mean 65 point dire avengers in a 130 point wave serpant.

I will be running 4 of this loadout this weekend plus 5 rangers and avatar and wraithknight allid to belial 4 th/ss termis and heavy flamer termie plus a vindicatorfor a hard to counter 1850 list (hard to counter unless specifically list taiiloring that is, i try to change it up every week with a enw take all comers list eldar or orks allying marines or eachother)

Chapter-Master

You're making the mistake of assuming that the squad inside is nothing more than a tax required to take the Serpent.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

nto at all, the dire avengers are great troops, fast,shoost and run. 4 groups of em so can jump out and get to objectives and mini reniding with 10 shots.

its just in my opinion the exarch upgrade brings nothing to the table... 10 points so almsot as much as another avenger for +1 WS, BS, I and attack along with 3+ . you already hit before most armies at I5 and they still have the same leadership. exarch upgrades are overcosted to. esp in smaller squads. a 5++ save costs 43 points... 3 dire avengers are 39, even in a 10 man squad that just is not worth it, neigher is twin linking a gun that hist on 2's due to exarch (would rather again have another gun

I have found them to be the perfect objective campers and great midrange harassment. units usually killing 3 space marines at range before jumping back playign keep away out of assaults

"Look, all I can say is that's not a moon... its a wave serpent." - Power Klawz

pmsl...

in 6th ... im loving my footdar... although feet dont have much to do with it... 17pts for a 'marine on a bike', 32pts for a terminator 'plus' ...axe-guard... 19pts for spiderz and 35pts for their boss with 3 st 6 AP1 shots... no need for point sink vehicles ...
    and HS choices coming out of our pointy ears !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast