BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Builder

Lightbulb Army Builder

Hi all

I'm wondering - is Army builder worth its money ? Are WH40K and WH FB have good support in it?
    I know that new version is coming so I'm wondering is it worth spending money on it?

Chaplain

In all honesty I'd never pay for something that I could do with excel - or even a paper and pen if you're feeling adventurous.

Battle-Brother

Yea I have several friends who ssay it's the best thirty quid they've ever spent

While i don't own it myself i've used it on their machine, and can testify as to it's usefulness
    In cog we trust

Battle-Brother

I have to say that Army Builder has been very useful over the years. Worth every penny, but then if you have the time to set up excel spreadsheets go for that.

I like Army Builder quite a lot. It's a very useful program.

Mistress of the Forum

It is a useful program, and it makes up for the expense in time when you compare how long it takes to set up an excel spreadsheet and how long it takes to do an army builder list. No need to go track down point costs and figure up the extra eq and whatnot. It's just click and add.
    [CENTER][img]http://kysri.thesweetdreamery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/eldarplayer.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

Brother-Sergeant

Army builder Rocks. I use it all the time. The only problem i have is that the updates .... well do not happen overnight as GW does not suport the product and we have to wait for some kind soul to update it for us.

But for speed and general tinkering arround with lists it rocks big time. I have it on my work and Home PC so most lunch times i'm refining some point that never worked for me or trying to save some points for some new toy i want my army to try out.

O and Fantasy generaly gets updated WAY faster then 40K for some reason.

Thank you all for the advice

Is all updates to AB downloaded directly from the "update" menu inside AB or from some fansites?

Scout

Its a fantastic program, still need to sort myself a new copy out like, used to have a copy of 2.2 but lost my gubbinz when they brought 3.0 out

Scout

Very much a worthwhile tool - great for doing 'what if' lists, last minute lists and has a decent output - saves me time and very easy to use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast