BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Builder

Scout

Army builder is fantastic...saves HUGE amounts of time which can then be spent on painting!!

Brother-Sergeant

Army builder is a great program. It helps math-deficient people like myself make nice neat army lists. Though, you do have to double check things sometimes. Worth every penny.

army builder is well worth the cash. it saves so much time and you rarely have to look in your codex when you game.

It is extremely useful and save a lot of time. Its worth the money and once you buy the software which you can put on two machines, you can renew your license for a lot lower cost.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have recently purchased army builder and i must say that i like it

Saves the hassle of flicking thru the codex over and over again.

I think for the price it does its job nicely.

If the price is an issue (perhaps younger players) theres absolutely nothing wrong with a simple excel spreadsheet. Plus it would get your excel skills up to scratch if you poured hours into a proper spreadsheet with formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellscape View Post
    Is all updates to AB downloaded directly from the "update" menu inside AB or from some fansites?
    The basic program is from the software developer. The data files used for 40k and other games are done by independent volunteer groups. Usually you're looking at data file updates a month or so after release of a new codex.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spellscape View Post
    Hi all

I'm wondering - is Army builder worth its money ?
    Yes.

WH40K and WH FB have good support in it?
    Yes they do.

I know that new version is coming so I'm wondering is it worth spending money on it?
    Just wait for the new version to come out. The (current) older version won't get the support the new version will.

Scout

Its a great program, shame they removed the BOLS stuff from it in the new update. Where's my Phantom titan, Tempest etc...

Evil Midnight Bomber

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this long (and honest) list of AB's benefits is this: Standardized Output.

Unless you monkey with the settings every AB-made army list is going to look pretty much the same. If you're playing in a tournament it's invaluable you as a player and to your opponent, as there's no guessing what that obscure piece of wargear in his Word document army list is...it's right there in the AB page.

I know most tournaments prefer AB-made army lists (though I don't know of any that would refuse to let you play if you didn't have AB).
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Battle-Brother

I am a huge fan of AB and have used it for years. I like the dedicated community behind to ensure the datas files are updated and corrected regualrly. I also love the fact that you receive two licenses for the program as I have running on my home and work PC. Nothing speeds a slow day at work better then working out various 40K lists in AB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast