BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Smile Synapse Distance and Unit Definitions

This question arose from a game I was playing. Does an entire unit have to be within 12" of the synapse creature to be "in synapse"? If I have a 20 strong unit of termagants, do all the models have to be within 12"? If not, how many models have to be within 12"? One? A majority? I am about to do a 3 tervigon-termagant horde and I am going to have some big units. I know it seems obvious but I am just returning to play and want to do it right. Thanks in advance.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    This question arose from a game I was playing. Does an entire unit have to be within 12" of the synapse creature to be "in synapse"? If I have a 20 strong unit of termagants, do all the models have to be within 12"? If not, how many models have to be within 12"? One? A majority? I am about to do a 3 tervigon-termagant horde and I am going to have some big units. I know it seems obvious but I am just returning to play and want to do it right. Thanks in advance.
    All answered in the BRB
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Can I get a page number? Really? Why didn't I think to look in the rulebook? I am surprised someone would take the time to type a response like that. It must be fun to live in Troll-Land.
    Last edited by templarboy; 06-18-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Have a look on Page 4 mate, it gives a run down on the various measurements between things.

Basically if you measure from base to base that is the distance a unit is considered to be "within"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Have a look on Page 4 mate, it gives a run down on the various measurements between things.

Basically if you measure from base to base that is the distance a unit is considered to be "within"
    I take it that means one model from a unit needs to be within 12" to be in synapse? The rest just have to in unit coherency to the closest one? I thought this was a fairly easy question to clarify....I wasn't expecting cryptic answers.

The answers aren't cryptic I am giving you the page reference so you can read and understand yourself as well as a basic summary to answer your immediate concern.

"I take it that means one model from a unit needs to be within 12" to be in synapse?"
    That's what I said I believe.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thank you. I guess it isn't as obvious as I thought.

You measure from base to base that is the distance a unit is considered to be "within"

There you go, got rid of all that messy helpful reference to the source for you.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    You measure from base to base that is the distance a unit is considered to be "within"

There you go, got rid of all that messy helpful reference to the source for you.
    I thanked you and found a better answer from a better source. I am not really used to being treated like an idiot for asking a simple question on BoLS. For a second there I thought I posted a question to Warseer.....Thank you SOOOO MUCH. Sorry to have bothered you. I wouldn't have asked if it was so bloody clear on the page your referenced.

The answer you got "elsewhere" isn't that different to mine or to what is written in the rulebook. The rulebook even has a picture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast