BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

I agree with Nabterayl. Regardless of the question asked, there's never any need to belittle the one asking it. People rarely consider that the one asking the question may have missed a specific detail, be unable to afford the rulebook, not have it handy, have reading difficulties or some other issue to which they do not reveal. Just answer the question if you can and move on, it makes it so much easier for everyone.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

I would say 'tell a man a rule and he'll answer one question, teach a man to read and he'll never need to ask another'. I'm pretty sure that's what Magpie was trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Wow I meam it couldnt possibly be that I was in the middle of work could it. ***.
    Nope. Not possible. Troll.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yeah, I get that. I just don't think that we're improving people's rules-reading skills if we don't provide a sample exegesis.

I'm a bit stumped as to why giving a page reference and a basic outline is cryptic an belittling.
    I'd also point out that the OP might have said "Thanks guys but I have read Page 4 and I don't understand (insert actual problem here) "

Instead we opted for knob mode and threw our toys out of the cot.

You're right; I was frustrated when I didn't need to be. For whatever it's worth, I didn't actually think your answer was cryptic, Magpie.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    You're right; I was frustrated when I didn't need to be. For whatever it's worth, I didn't actually think your answer was cryptic, Magpie.
    Yeah, I was confused by the person going nuts, hence the warcraft 2 sound effect.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123