BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Imperial Guard regiments gone

I was in the mood for buying some more Valhallans and Mordians yesterday but to my suprise they seem to have vanished from GW's 40K collectors range the only ones left been the Tallarn desert raiders which I assume are there because of the FW Toros campaign release. Does anyone know if they are been re-done or put into finecast or somthing along those lines or do I now posess yet another extinct guard regiment?

They were eaten by Tyranids.

GW has been selling out the remaining stock of anything left in metal. They have not been finecasted. Tallarns are probably just there because no one has bought them up yet.

Veteran-Sergeant

So the last of the decent looking regiments have gone what fantastic news, if I were to get into the hobby now I doubt I would even concider Imperial Guard from the style of models that are left.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by imperialpower View Post
    So the last of the decent looking regiments have gone what fantastic news, if I were to get into the hobby now I doubt I would even concider Imperial Guard from the style of models that are left.
    Fortunately for you there are several third party studios that make great looking models for a variety of possible IG regiments
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yep much o the Guard collectors range is being discontinued, can't say i'm surprised. People will whine about it but I really doubt those same people were buying from it very often.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Most of the Collectors stuff seems to be gone. I know there was never much there in the first place, but its just Tallern, the armour thru the ages and the Goff Rockers now left. Clicking on the armies just brings up blank pages

All the Fantasy ones still seem to be there though
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Fortunately for you there are several third party studios that make great looking models for a variety of possible IG regiments
    Yes thankfully there are it is just bad from an effort point of view when I just want to buy and paint some bog standard Guardsmen to field instead of spending the time building and converting models and it is always good to have a suply of the basic GW models to work from. It's a shame concidering that guard are supposedly one of the most diverse looking armies.

I think the fact that they have remained in stock for so long since they went out of production is an indication of how little they were selling. The fact is that along with some of the Eldar models, these were the oldest sculpts still available for purchase. Hopefully the next time a guard codex rolls around, they will release another regiment. After all, a standard release is now 3-4 boxes, plastic character, and finecast character. That could fit with a regiment plus one of the missing vehicles.

Librarian

At least the Vostroyan forces seem to be around still.

Librarian

I would love it if they were to bring back the guardsmen dressed like the old british army ( pith helmets and all ). Loved the way they looked
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast