BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Brought another down. Two rounds of shooting from a Las Pred killed it.

On another note, everyone in my area seems to love the Suncannon/Scatter Laser combo since that is all that I am seeing on them.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Freedom View Post
    Brought another down. Two rounds of shooting from a Las Pred killed it.

On another note, everyone in my area seems to love the Suncannon/Scatter Laser combo since that is all that I am seeing on them.
    suncannon is cool.. but i would say the plain jane 240 point varient is the way to go,

las cannon spam is a pretty reliable way to bring it down, then again it should bring any MC down. still rolling above average to do it in 2 turns though

ignoring the hit math and assumign you got 3 hites every time you wound on 3's so shoudl be piling on 2 wounds per turn (slightly less once hits in but i am to lazy to calculate 3 twinlinked shots right now)

statistically it should take mroe than 3 turns (barely) and by then the eldar player should be in combat with something or have squished the predator

Quote Originally Posted by G00dySmiley View Post

statistically it should take mroe than 3 turns (barely) and by then the eldar player should be in combat with something or have squished the predator
    Triple las is a thing of beauty.

If the wraithknight has a leadership value then the way I'd deal with it with my IG is psyker battle squad and a primaris psker with psychic shriek. That combo has worked wonders for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    If the wraithknight has a leadership value then the way I'd deal with it with my IG is psyker battle squad and a primaris psker with psychic shriek. That combo has worked wonders for me so far.
    Okay, why didn't any of us think the psychic shriek route?

Okay, why didn't any of us think the psychic shriek route?
    Maybe due to disagreeing on whether Snipers, and strength 6 weapons would do it, plus a few other things.

Veteran-Sergeant

Triple las is a thing of beauty.
    i did the math for las predator, again you are advocating a statistically improbable event.

tl lascannon and 2 non twin linked sponsons

2.3 hits (little less but again assuming the tl hits) wounds on 3's 1.53 wounds

assumign the eldar player isn't an idiot and has 5+ cover or the 5++ (only reason they should not always be in area terrain) 1.02 wounds per turn

so agains either you have great luck / weighted dice, but that is not somethign i would rely on

as for the psychic shriek

statisticall 3 d6 rolls an 11 so it is highly unlikely your opponent will roll a 16 and even then if they take the 5++ its going to ignore 2 of those. hoping for the opponent to roll an 18 on 3d6 is not a strategy it is a move of desperation

now shriek spam tyranids might do it, but ig psycher squad gets one collective power so... not going to do it even if the eldar player lets you get within 12 inches to cast it

really space marines should be doing it by scout snipers and anti tank fire but there is no one pill answer to always bring down the wraithknight a las pred sternguard and group of snipers x 5 are still not doing it reliable in one turn but should in two. and if it does draw that musch fire it is doing its job

First-Captain

Ways to kill a wraithknight.

1. My favorite is to run psyker battle squad to lower to leadership of 2 and than have a calldius pop up with it's strength 8 weapon and instant kill the wraithknight.

2. If you can pull off 3 enfeebles and blast him with a strength 10 shot and instant kill kim. Only army which this is even realistically possible is tyranids which I have had gotten up to 5 enfeebles before. Zonathorpe fires a strength 10 shot.

3. Poison gaunts will kill him.

4. Swarmlord. Lol. Easily kill him. Just need one smash attack to hit.

5. Bloodthirster can kill it.

6. Trygon would be a good fight. I think re rolling to hit is a big factor.

7. Dreadknight smacking it with a strength 10 force weapon.

8. Greyknights smaking it with strength 8-10 force weapons.

9. 3 exorcist on average rolling can eventually kill it.

10. Orcs can turn it into a squig.

11. Lukas can kill it when he dies

12. Screamers with a +3 invulnerable can kill it.

13 Daemonettes can eat it.

14. Deathcult w/ hammerhand and rad grenades can kill it.

15. Plasma and Meltas eat it.

16. Lascannons can kill it, just takes awhile.

17. Dark eldar lance death.

18. Several Agonizers can rip it apart.

19. The Dark Angels terminators Knights in smite mode can seriously kill it.

20. Oh sniper rifles with guide and doom.

21. Tau sniper rifles with ethereal boost.

22. 30+ kroot sniper rifles.

23. Psycanon spam.

24. Jaws of warp wolf.

25. Grey knight libby psi flame attack.

26. Space Wolf missle spam

That's just off the top of my head.

yep 2 rounds of 3 lascannon shots for akill is 6 hits, 6 wounds, and 0 saves. While possible, it is far from a guarantee with your shots missing 1/3 of the time, failing to wound 1/3 of the time, and being saved 1/3 of the time.

Used a WK for the first time in game the other day. Faired ok, wiping out 2 units of Wolf Guard, and Farseer Bomb's body guard. Failed to wound riptides on several direct hits with suncannon, and Farseer himself passed every damned inv save in cc. Was taken to half wounds by 1 volley of sniper drones. Did manage to shrug off 3 cyclone missles though.

I've found that, as in so many other cases, a Daemon Prince with a Black Mace tends to get the job done. I prefer to attrition the WK of at least two Wounds first, but I've managed to kill it fresh in. A lot of it has to do with the wording on the Black Mace too. Right now the RAW (and it may stay this way) indicate that for each unsaved wound the WK is gonig to make a Toughness test. It only fails on a six. Of course, if you make the thing roll 4-5 times, you have pretty damn good odds of it getting one. This gives you a secondary removal option.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast