BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eric French View Post
    I like the direction that [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/member.php?10377-chicop76"]chicop76[/URL] and [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/member.php?2254-DarkLink"]DarkLink[/URL] are going with this topic, how about we try to make a compendium of the best way for a particular ARMY to dispense with the WK by using it's particular UNITS that have the best chances/weapons/Special Rules to do so.
    As long as you avoid a couple of things. First, just because something is theoretically capable of killing something doesn't mean it's actually good at killing whatever it is. Second, don't list tailor. There's a difference between "I'm going to try and fit in a few more lascannons so I can face the WK" and "I'll take X, Y, and Z units that no one ever takes under normal circumstances because they happen to be really good against the WK and the WK only". And third, realize that you're not facing the WK in a vacuum. DE Venom spam kills Wraithknight pretty easily, but Mechdar hard-counters DE Venom spam, so that's not necessarily a good route to take if you're facing Eldar.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    As long as you avoid a couple of things. First, just because something is theoretically capable of killing something doesn't mean it's actually good at killing whatever it is. Second, don't list tailor. There's a difference between "I'm going to try and fit in a few more lascannons so I can face the WK" and "I'll take X, Y, and Z units that no one ever takes under normal circumstances because they happen to be really good against the WK and the WK only". And third, realize that you're not facing the WK in a vacuum. DE Venom spam kills Wraithknight pretty easily, but Mechdar hard-counters DE Venom spam, so that's not necessarily a good route to take if you're facing Eldar.

That's why I said Daemonettes instead of Seekers of Slaanesh. Seekers can catch him with 12" movement and 7"-12" run. Especally if you give them move through cover loci.

Honestly I super buff my nettes or my hounds since they multi assault anyways. Hard to avoid them since they are easily assaulting in turn 2. If you try to fly over my nettes can rend the vehicles to death. While the hounds can eat what's inside.

Anyway depending on what you bring to the table depends on how you can deal with it. The way I dealth with nightbringer was 9 broadsides and taking 6 seeker missile. That downed him in turn one. The rest of my army was left shooting necrons.

30 bs 5 kroot is enogh to kill a wraithknight with sniper rifles.

However some armies may want to tarpit the knight while you deal with the rest of the eldar army. I personally used to dealing with iron arm nids and already build with that in mind plus dealing with 13 armour skimmers and 2 wound terminators. Everything else is secondary after that.

If I can kill a t9 swarmlord with hive guard with my Tau I am confident I can kill a wraithlord. The dumb swarmlord also had endurance on him. Not to mention I was still able to shoot at differant targets.

Keep in mind at the time I ran two skyrays which marker light death did the job rather nicely. 12 seekers is a lot to dump on one target. Ironically it's enough to kill a knight as well.

With deamons it's not an issue due to smash attacks which is the same for nids.

Ig can dish out plasma and melta like. No tommorrow.

Greyknights just need one force weapon hit same with blood angels, good reason to run a libby furioso or Mephiston.

I guess that scarabs would be good to use against a knight to eat away his saves. However a destroyer lord with a +3 invulnerable could tie up a knight and possibly kill it. Although the same can be said for the knight. I think a C'Tan shard can deal with the knight rather nicely though.

Veteran-Sergeant

oh btw forgot to mention this earlier on the long list of strategies in case an ork player want sto try it... zogworat's curse is against independent characters only, wraithkight unlike the wraithlord is not even a character, I once almost succeeded in squiging swarmlord until we looked up that swarmlord is not an IC and so he unsquiged ... yes i liek running zogwort he's fun , don't look at me like that

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by G00dySmiley View Post
    oh btw forgot to mention this earlier on the long list of strategies in case an ork player want sto try it... zogworat's curse is against independent characters only, wraithkight unlike the wraithlord is not even a character, I once almost succeeded in squiging swarmlord until we looked up that swarmlord is not an IC and so he unsquiged ... yes i liek running zogwort he's fun , don't look at me like that
    Good job. I was joking when I said that.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789