BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frankio9 View Post
    Interesting that you are so positive about the fluff, i read this somewhere else: [url]http://thegoodthebadtheinsulting.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/iyanden-part-2-lore-warhammer-40000.html?m=1[/url] Slightly different opinion.
    Whoever wrote that is a ******** idiot. Seriously. An complete. Utter. Moron. Really, I can't emphasize that enough. I read that post, twice. He is so desperate to dislike the background he is effectively re-writing it in his mind and on his blog to portray it in the worst possible light. He even gets things wrong himself in his desire to find things to hate for gods sake. In other words, he basically made stuff up. A lot of stuff.

You want to dislike the background? Fine, but when you boil it down to simplistic details and then twist said details to suit a pre-conceived notion about the quality of the writer AND just get things completely wrong you're not being critical, you're being a ******* moron.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

So just read that review and I agree with eldargal it was stupid. He complains that the race is described as arrogant erm the main codex they are described as arrogant. He complains about ynnead erm if I had helped create a god who nearly wiped out my race I would be pretty cautious about creating another.

Finally he obviously doesn't understand the meaning of a supplement, as he complains that it only adds a few rules and does not give you the army list on top? The book sounds great IMO, not one ill pick up but it's promising.

Right! I mean the first page of the bloody book describes Iyandens rise and fall as analogous to the Eldar Empires rise and fall which was due to arrogance and complacency. Then he complains that Iyanden is shown to be arrogant and complacent as it kicks Chaos bottom across the eastern rim of the galaxy for gods sake.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

While I can't say that I agree with everything said in his review, there are some pretty weird things in this supplement, based on what I read online. Iyanden pioneering the Infinity Circuit seems a bit far fetched. The Infinty Circuit is essential for the excistence of a Craftworld right? You can't have a Craftworld without the Circuit, but according to the supplement Craftworlds didn't used to have them until iyanden designed one? Now, i don't have the supplement myself, this is all based on what I read online about the Iyanden book.

Well, I imagine in the first years post Fall the Eldar discovered spirit stones (I'd like to learn how) then after several decades of constant warfare for survival ended up with vaults full of spirit stones. Those on the Path of the Janitor then petitioned for a solution to the mess, et voila, the Infinity Circuit was born.

I believe, technically, "janitor" is an aspect

Brother-Captain

Spirit Stones seem to be older than the fall, since Isha's still around when they're made. You "just" need a warp/real space overlap to harvest them. Their modern use as soul traps is likely new. What I want to know is how the Path started.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Spirit Stones seem to be older than the fall, since Isha's still around when they're made. You "just" need a warp/real space overlap to harvest them. Their modern use as soul traps is likely new. What I want to know is how the Path started.
    Isn't Isha still around? Stuck with Nurgle?

In the last Deamon codex she was.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Brother-Captain

More specifically, spirit stones predate the War in Heaven. Khaine cries to the Big A that Isha and Special K's babies are totally going to kill him. Big A's all upset because Khaine really pulls the pantheon together and bans further contact between the Eldar and their gods. But Isha's all sad she's lost her babies and cries. Those tears turn into rocks (because magic) and the Eldar can talk to their mom and pops again. Then, Khaine finds this out, because he somehow snuck up on Isha and Special K on their tear phones (or Isha and Special K are very bad at secrets) and tells the Big A. Big A is super pissed about Isha and Special K disobeying him and lets Khaine take them prisoner. Vaul is super upset about this whole thing and makes a deal with Khaine to release Isha and Special K if he makes 100 swords for Khaine in a year. Khaine takes him up on that but Vaul can only make 99 and sneaks a normal sword in the batch. Khaine takes delivery and is so amped about the Highlander LARP he has planned doesn't notice the normal sword until after Vaul runs off with Isha and Special K. Khaine swears revenge, Vaul gives the last sword, Anaris, to a kid and tells him he can totally take the bellowing war god 'cause he has a magic sword. The kid, Eldanesh, loses surprising no one. Big A, for some reason, says Khaine will forever have a hand that oozes blood and ruins furniture but he can keep Vaul chained to an anvil in his basement.
    I'm pretty sure the next time they all show up is the birth of Slaanesh where Isha moves in with Nurgle and everyone else has to watch RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne and play FATAL in Slaanesh's basement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast