BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Changes to Army Builder licensing

Hey guys,

I don't know how many of you get WolfLair's newsletter, but they just announced that they are no longer charging a renewal fee every year as of August 1st.

Thats great news for those of you that were a bit miffed that you had to keep buying it.

It's hard to believe, but Army Builder is 15 years old this summer! To celebrate the occasion, we've been taking a close look at the feedback you've been giving us, and are pleased to announce some changes that we think will be welcomed by everyone. Read on to find out more!

In recognition of Army Builder's 15th birthday, we're streamlining and simplifying how licenses work by retiring Army Builder’s license renewal mechanism. Starting on August 1st, active Army Builder licenses will no longer require yearly extensions to access program and data file updates for Army Builder 3. As of that date, all Army Builder 3 licenses that have not yet expired will forever more remain "active" and never expire.

All new licenses purchased henceforth will never expire. All existing licenses that are active on August 1st, 2013, will similarly never expire. Army Builder licenses that are expired on August 1st can be renewed to that date and will thereafter never expire. All future updates to Army Builder 3 will be free to all users with unexpired licenses. In other words, everything just became a lot simpler!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

Sweet >_<

Good news, everyone!

Now I need Horus Heresy files (or the less likely option of learning how to make them myself.)
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Now I just need to renew my license.

Hm... might even be worth getting a license again then.

Years ago when I had it, it expired since I didn't play a lot of 40k and just wasn't worth it. I did use it a lot though... maybe I'm just a cheap *******, heh.

Chaplain

I might buy it but I still enjoy sitting down with my pencil and paper and doing the list

As awesome as that is the fact they keep specifying Army Builder 3 makes me think that Army Builder 4 is right around the corner.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gresha View Post
    As awesome as that is the fact they keep specifying Army Builder 3 makes me think that Army Builder 4 is right around the corner.
    Funny, I thought the same thing. Then I asked about it.

<MoogPoot> I just read the new licensing on the AB stuff
    <MoogPoot> thats p cool
    <MoogPoot> does this mean that you'll be releasing AB4.0 soon? :P
    <Skorpy> Haha, no plans for AB4
    <Skorpy> if we did, we probably wouldn't have done the license change thing
    <MoogPoot> :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire