BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you or your opponents play better with models you have taken the time to paint?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I feel it makes a difference

163 86.24%
  • No. Painted or unpainted makes no difference to me

26 13.76%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    yep - talking to them definitely works! Had one game against IG where his Heavy Weapon squads didn't hit anything for three turns in a row. He threatened to have them executed for cowardice and incompetence, put a spare Commissar with the perfect pose (gun drawn, other hand behind his back - you know the one) behind them to emphasize his point - and they promptly blew up one of my tanks next turn... (we even agreed the squad would get a single re-roll for the turn because of the Commissar, but should they fail again he would carry out his threat and execute one of the teams... guess it worked^^)
    Lovin' the on-the-fly house rules. That's how this whole narrative, cinematic sandbox that is 6th Ed 40k is supposed to be played!

Just my opinion of course. I do recognise the right of individuals to play 40k in a dry, up-tight, power-gaming, competitive way if they so choose...

Mak the player feel better about his or her army.. you care for your models more and try no to let them die.

First-Captain

Interesting enough I have a badly painted model do really well. I was bored and slapped on paint on him. Well it did way better than the base coated riptide.

Chaplain

I've never fielded an unpainted model in my life, so I wouldn't know.

All my painted models perform better, except for some of my favorite, them being plasma guys. I got this cool plasma effect on them, but apparently I painted it with too much power as they seem to cook themselves off a lot... I even used a SM command squad with them and a divination dark angels librarian and I still rolled two 1's, failed my armor saves, then failed my feel no pain....

But other than that I think my painted models always do so much better because whenever a painted model dies he replaces a random base coated model. They seem to live forever!

Librarian

Having painted army certainly makes me feel better!
    But like many other's said, the newly painted one that your opponent is showcasing around the room...must die first!
    Last week my enemy was showing off his Skarbrand conversion. Painted and very proud of it...So after my Eldar killed the 1st Flying Daemon Prince, Skarbrand came on, and promptly died as well!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    I've never fielded an unpainted model in my life, so I wouldn't know.
    You should try it sometime. C'mon, live dangerously!
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Ive never done it either. I cant bring myself to field sprue coloured or base coated figs.
    The whole point of wargaming as a hobby is to paint an army and fight pretty toy soldier battles.
    Why bother otherwise?
    Non painted figs put me off gaming, id rather not play that game. Id go paint instead.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    You should try it sometime. C'mon, live dangerously!
    They aren't unpainted, there colour scheme is gray, or they have suffered extreme damage so the techpriests haven't had time to paint it...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

They're not base coated they're Relictors...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast