Long time lurker, dont post much, but felt like it today.

First game, my flgs owner wanted to try his grey knights list so i made a fun IG list for him to try againgst. He ended up winning 1-0 because of first blood. Game was relic with short edge deploy. neither of us ever touched the relic, though i got close once.

IG command star-
Creed, krell, nork, astropath, master of ord, 2 plas vets, lazcannon team. attatched primaris psycher.

3 squads of vets, lazcannon, tripple plazma. forward sentries.

2 lemon russ punishers with HB sponsons and hull lazcannon/w cammo nets.

Not supposed to be competitive, just wanted to see the hilarity of creed making a vet squad potentially fire 5 times in one turn. surprisingly, only lost 2 models to gets hot.

His list was somthing like:

Draigo/w palidin squad
vindicare assasin
Dread Knight
Purifier squad in rhino
Strike squad in razorback
Stormtalon/w mm and tl plasma cannon

He managed to rape one of my vet squads early with his psycannons from the purifier squad and the Dreadknights heavy psycannon so he got first blood.

Turn 2 i dropped the dread and the purifier squad.

Turn 3 had his razorback and vindicare finished off. he ran his paladins around behind cover so i couldnt do em much teh whole game.

Turn 4 he took out my psycher, astropath, nork and krell. I managed to pen the Stormtallon and force the locked speed result making it useless for the rest of the game.

Turn 5 i rolled low on difficult terrain and couldnt make it to the relic. Only things he had left were 3 strike squad members and his paladins with draigo. Still his win. I had a goofy list and it was only his third game with grey knights.

Second game i went serious. I had never beaten Nicks nids so I picked my no-nonsence marines.

Imperial crimson fists fists!

Lysander attatched to 8 sternguard in a drop pod.
Pedro Kantor chilling behind my LRC so he could orb bomb on first turn.

5 tac termies/w cyclone missle launcher
6 assault termies in LRC

2 tac squads with plasma/missle launcher. combat squaded with sarge +4 marines in razorbacks. missle +4 hanging back near objectives.

He had:
2 flying hive tyrants with twinlinked devourers
2 tervigons as troops
1 mawlock
1 dakkafex in a spore
2 pairs of zoans in spores
2 small gaunt squads

mission was scouring and we had 6 objectives on the map. game ended on turn 4 cause he had to leave.

First turn, sternguard and lysander appear in his backlines and light up one of his tyrants leaving it with 1 wound.
pedro droped his orb on some gaunts and a tervi.
LRC moves up and shoots the other gaunt squad dropping it down to 1 model.
The termies get out and charge the second tervi but fail to kill it loose 2 in the process.

He flies his dying tyrant away from my sternguard and shoots my tac termies. no problem.
his second tyrant decides he wants to charge my sterns and so just jumps at em. shoots 3 down and puts a wound on lysander from the devourers.
spits out babies with the tervigons
assault goes off. all the sternguard die and lysander has 1 wound left. he puts 2 on the tyrant. tervigon has help from gaunt squad on the assault termies. 1 more dies. remaining 3 put another 3 wounds on the gon and take it down. gaunts pass leadership :O

Then all hell breaks loose. the pods drop and my raider dissentigrates from zoanthrope lances. one of the spore pods pop a razorback and then the carni dakkas them down to one model. the tyrant manages to finish off lysander but takes one more wound. The mawlock kills 2 tack termies when he comes out of the ground.

I definately woulda lost the game had it gone into turn 5. I really cant beat nids it seems. Didnt help that my missle launchers only inflicted 2 wounds the whole game. I only won by one point cause i had 3 of the objective markers and he only had 2.

Still had fun.