BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Iyanden Options Question

I am clear about not being able to use both the Gifts of Asuryan and the Remnants of Glory, its an either or and is made clear in the book. However, I am not clear on if I can use the Warlord Traits from Iyanden Supplement and then the Remnants of Glory from the Eldar Codex. My thought is that I can but it rarely hurts to ask.

G

*Post 200.. yeah for me.*
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Surely the Iyanden book has something to say what can/cant be used in conjunction? I havent read it yet so just guessing.

Im personally planning on running a Ghost Warrior list with no Items/Formations from the new book (or items from this one either outside of the units themselves) and just planned on using the Warlord Traits.

In regards to Spiritseers, is the alternate Primaris power a choice or is it a case of 'youve used something from Iyanden so its changing'?
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 06-21-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitrider View Post
    I am clear about not being able to use both the Gifts of Asuryan and the Remnants of Glory, its an either or and is made clear in the book. However, I am not clear on if I can use the Warlord Traits from Iyanden Supplement and then the Remnants of Glory from the Eldar Codex. My thought is that I can but it rarely hurts to ask.

G

*Post 200.. yeah for me.*
    Yes, you can. It's fairly clear that you can elect to use the Iyanden warlord traits table instead of using those from Codex Eldar or the Main rulebook. Your wargear or even warlord selections do not have any effect on this currently, unless an errata is added.

In regards to Spiritseers, is the alternate Primaris power a choice or is it a case of 'youve used something from Iyanden so its changing'?
    No choice, if you're running Iyanden then thats the primaris power spiritseers get from runes of battle. Warlocks on the other hand still use conceal/reveal. Course there's no rule that you even have to run a shadow council or any wraith constructs should you wish to use the iyanden additions...