BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    I may be reading that wrong but it would fire ( one sponson ) 6 shots at 12" or 3 shots at 24" both are twin linked, not 24 shots at 24" from both.

Edit: two sponsons on a LRC. each is 3 bolters. so it works just like firering 6 guys on foot except that each bolter is twin linked. If that makes sense.
    In the case of a vehicle, it doesn't matter. Remember that the second number for a salvo weapon is how many shots you get, at full range, if you haven't moved:

If the model has not moved, it can instead fire a greater number of shots at a target up to the weapon's maximum range. In this case, the number of shots is equal to the second number. (p. 52)

Vehicles are always Relentless (page 71, "Vehicles always have the Relentless special rule"), and:

Relentless models can shoot with Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons, countlng as stationary even if they moved in the previous Movement phase (p. 41).

So in the case of hurricane bolter on a vehicle, it's always 12 twin-linked shots per sponson up to 24". On a non-Relentless model it would be different, but as far as I know there is no way currently to have a hurricane bolter on anything except a vehicle, which are always Relentless.

Not that I don't want to see, like, a master of the forge with a pair of hurricane bolters on his servo-harness

Not that I don't want to see, like, a master of the forge with a pair of hurricane bolters on his servo-harness
    More Hurricaneish weapon systems would be welcome. I once did a backround story for a campaign for a remnants of an imperial guard regiment, that were so completely overrun that only a small force of ragtag units remained. The story arc revolved around a techpriest who with the help of some mechanics salvaged stuff from the battlefield and crafted them into makeshift weaponry.

One of the pinnacle moments for this ragtag platoon was when they encountered a place where a full squad of stormtroopers were slaughtered and they were able to recover hellguns/hotshot lasguns, and thus create a weapon system that basically followed the rules for hurricane weapon system, but it only used 18" s3 ap3 rapidfire -profile. And that was then mounted on a Sentinel iirc.

Chaplain

So in the case of hurricane bolter on a vehicle, it's always 12 twin-linked shots per sponson up to 24".
    How so?

It should be, per sponson, 6 TL shots up to 12" in range and 3 from 12" to 24" in range.

Chapter-Master

Bolter Banner. Heavy 4. 4x3=12. 12 shots per sponson.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Bolter Banner. Heavy 4. 4x3=12. 12 shots per sponson.
    But without the Banner, it would be as I stated. I think we are getting some things confused in this thread

Chapter-Master

He was explicitly referring to the Banner. That's the whole point of that post, that with the Banner a LR Crusader always gets 12 shots per sponson out to 24".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123