BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yeah , read the rulebook. Because your quotation the you are reading is clearly not a 'unclear rule' but more of someone who doesn't understand the rulebook. The rulebook makes it quite clear: you have to have the deep strike rule to be able to deep strike. The part where you are reading the deep strike rule is ONLY describing what occurs to units that HAVE deep struck.

This is a reading comprehension issue, and the only way to solve it is to read the rulebook.
    You are an asshat.

Chapter-Master

Tactless though Tynskel may be*, he's right. This is pretty straightforward. You have a question about Deep Strike? Go to the rules for Deep Strike. Use the index if need be. One of the first things you'll see is:

In order for a unit to be able to Deep Strike, all models in theunit must have the Deep strike special rule and the unit must
    start the game in reserve.
    That's pretty clear. So, we go to the Vehicle rules to see if they all have the Deep Strike special rule. Going through the vehicle rules, nowhere does the words Deep Strike show up. Other special rules, such as Relentless, are in there, but Deep Strike is nowhere to be found. The Deep Strike rules themselves don't grant Deep Strike to vehicles, and vehicles don't have the Deep Strike rule by default, so one can conclude that vehicle's can't Deep Strike.

*if you want to insult someone, be subtle. But seriously, don't insult people. Forum rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

That said - and I don't know if you care about my opinion, Tynskel, so don't take this as my assumption that you do - I think Blackcloud is also right. These kinds of responses are incredibly rude. Not sort of rude. Incredibly rude.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 06-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That said - and I don't know if you care about my opinion, Tynskel, so don't take this as my assumption that you do - I think Blackcloud is also right. These kinds of responses are incredibly rude. Not sort of rude. Incredibly rude.
    Eh, I'm with tynskel on this one. These kind of questions are basically "how do I play the game" it reads like the OP doesn't even own the rulebook. You shouldn't have to give out large section of the rules to people.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I don't see what that has to do with it. The standards for what's rude and what's not don't change based on how intelligent, dumb, respectful, or presumptuous the question is.

While it does seem like a very novice question, the 5th and 6th edition rulebooks and their interactions with the Codices feel very much like a "gotcha!" game, with regards to rules being hidden away in obscure places. In general, I believe you should try to read the BRB first and at least show you've done your homework before posting a question; however, I can easily see his question being the result of some of the other "we're going to assume your brain spins the same way as ours do and thus you'll know to extend this random rule in an arbitrary way" moves in the current ruleset.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I don't see what that has to do with it. The standards for what's rude and what's not don't change based on how intelligent, dumb, respectful, or presumptuous the question is.
    Crass is my preferred term.
    [url]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/crass[/url]
    "So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility."
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    While it does seem like a very novice question, the 5th and 6th edition rulebooks and their interactions with the Codices feel very much like a "gotcha!" game, with regards to rules being hidden away in obscure places. In general, I believe you should try to read the BRB first and at least show you've done your homework before posting a question; however, I can easily see his question being the result of some of the other "we're going to assume your brain spins the same way as ours do and thus you'll know to extend this random rule in an arbitrary way" moves in the current ruleset.
    You are correct.
    However, the deep strike question, in no way, had any of these issues. Deep Strike is *very* straightforward.
    You aren't bouncing all over the place checking 15million rules. The deep strike rules are on 1-2 pages, and then you just look to see where is deep strike listed as a special rule for your units.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Tactless though Tynskel may be*, he's right.

*if you want to insult someone, be subtle. But seriously, don't insult people. Forum rules.
    bwhahahahah! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    You are correct.
    However, the deep strike question, in no way, had any of these issues. Deep Strike is *very* straightforward.
    That's more-or-less my point though, so many things are dense, confounding, or scattered to the four winds and seven books, that when I come across the 1d6-2 rules in a given book that are simple and straightforward, my initial instinct is to read through everything again, trying to find where they hid the shenanigans.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast