BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The IC could start attached to the Ogryn in their transport and leave his own empty.

Now how does it work when you buy a dedicated transport. Is your unit size limited to your transport capacity? I could have sworn I read somewhere that you can have a larger unit than the transport can hold for marines, but does the same rule hold true for IG? Would it just mean you must remain in coherency? (Sucky for movement, good for additional firepower.)

That being said could you start the game with 6 orgyns deployed in a chimera, have the other 4 within 2". Then have Yarrick's chimera within 2" of both and have the 4 orgyns embark at the beginning of the movement phase? Making sure that both transports remain within 2" at all times?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight JaKeT View Post
    Now how does it work when you buy a dedicated transport. Is your unit size limited to your transport capacity? I could have sworn I read somewhere that you can have a larger unit than the transport can hold for marines, but does the same rule hold true for IG? Would it just mean you must remain in coherency? (Sucky for movement, good for additional firepower.)
    There's no general rule that if you buy a dedicated transport you're limited in unit size to what will fit in the transport. A codex might include that restriction for a specific army, though I'd be surprised if it did. However, if your whole unit doesn't fit inside the transport, none of the unit can embark (see below).

A dedicated transport is in no sense part of the unit it was purchased for. So it doesn't have to remain in coherency at all. If you wanted a ten-man ogryn squad, you could buy a Chimera as a dedicated transport, and then have the ogryn remain on foot and the Chimera go off and do something else. Similarly, even if the ogryn squad was small enough to fit inside the transport, there's no requirement for it to stay close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight JaKeT View Post
    That being said could you start the game with 6 orgyns deployed in a chimera, have the other 4 within 2". Then have Yarrick's chimera within 2" of both and have the 4 orgyns embark at the beginning of the movement phase? Making sure that both transports remain within 2" at all times?
    This you cannot do. As page 78 says, "The entire unit must be embarked on the Transport if any part of it is - a unit cannot be partially embarked or be spread across multiple Transports."

The Black Templar Codex limits the ability to a particular squad size IIRC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12