BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Lumux View Post
    one thing that drives me nuts, is constantly having to go back and REBASE my models [...]

Where do you even get extra bases for your old models?
    My thoughts exactly, hopefully by January 50mm bases will be added to their range.

I really like the new middle pair of arms, it always bugged me that the old ones looked more like rending claws than that of the Tyrant Guard.

Librarian

Four words - Custom Basing Smooth On

I dont plan on buying a single 50mm base

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    That's exactly what I was going to say! Looks like we might have some different weapon options for the Hive Guard now. VERY interesting!
    Probably some stupid overpriced flakk missile upgrade.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

one thing that drives me nuts, is constantly having to go back and REBASE my models.. there is nothing worse than trying to cut a fully painted model off a finished base and attack it a new one.

that being ssaid, most of my tyranids don't have their bases finished yet.. but it's still annoying.

Im pretty sure there is a rule saying you have to use the bases provided for your model. So IMO you shouldnt have to rebase your stuff. thats the way it was sold to you, so you can use it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by boonballer View Post
    Im pretty sure there is a rule saying you have to use the bases provided for your model. So IMO you shouldnt have to rebase your stuff. thats the way it was sold to you, so you can use it that way.
    really? i have always been told that you have to use the correct base size for the model based on the current rules, otherwise it creates issues for other players trying to measure range to you.

'tis a hassle, as 2 armies i have have had this happen to them.. my 'nids (biovores and more the guard apparently) and my Tau broadsides.

at least they aren't squads I have a lot of models in.

lol this would be mind breaking if it happened in fantasy. "Beastmen gors are now on 20mm bases!"

Librarian

From my understanding of it as long as you have the old models, you are not forced to replace the bases, though the rulings on that seem to be mixed by area.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    From my understanding of it as long as you have the old models, you are not forced to replace the bases, though the rulings on that seem to be mixed by area.
    Is it sad that I can totally picture somebody out there putting all their new plastic broadsides on the smaller bases to keep them them that much further out of range?

Librarian

Is it sad that I can totally picture somebody out there putting all their new plastic broadsides on the smaller bases to keep them them that much further out of range?
    yes, this person is called "That Guy/Girl", and we all hate him/her very very much.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

lol definitely gamed that that guy/girl.

That would be cheating. Need to use the base supplied, so only the original Broadsides can be popped on the smaller base.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks