BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    text for text god
    Thank you very much for the info.

oh ok, and the new list is bad? How bad? fully useless or half goof/half very bad?

According to rumourwave part 3, Hormagaunts become Beasts? HELL TO TYE YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by Sitael View Post
    Thank you very much for the info.

oh ok, and the new list is bad? How bad? fully useless or half goof/half very bad?
    In short, nobody actually knows. It's all rumour and conjecture. Which is no match for having product in hand and a few games under the belt.

Even at this late stage, people will continue to make up utter bollocks to just rumour. (not accusing Daboarder or naftka, who are both reporting at least third hand)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    In short, nobody actually knows. It's all rumour and conjecture. Which is no match for having product in hand and a few games under the belt.

Even at this late stage, people will continue to make up utter bollocks to just rumour. (not accusing Daboarder or naftka, who are both reporting at least third hand)
    This is true. We'll find out soon enough anyway!

Only things coming from Endobai on Warseer and Terrorfex on warp shadow are OK for now. One has seen the codex and confirmed the other's new kit list. I don't think they are trolling!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Yes always remember this, furthermore we may no longer need the psychic support we used to (ok yeah I'm doubtful of that but still) and things are missed when reading over things quickly (full impact of the heldrake wasn't known until after the codex dropped)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitael View Post
    This is true. We'll find out soon enough anyway!

Only things coming from Endobai on Warseer and Terrorfex on warp shadow are OK for now. One has seen the codex and confirmed the other's new kit list. I don't think they are trolling!
    I doubt they've seen the codex. I'll have to go read Terrorfex's responses, but Endobai certainly hasn't seen the codex. He's answered several of my questions, and in his responses he clearly indicates that there are large gaps in his information, gaps that would be easy to answer if he had the codex itself.

Its far more likely that they have an early edition of the White Dwarf, or know someone closer to the
    source.

Edit: Yeah, Terrorfex is basically just quoting Endobai, except for that phone call thing. It's probably just an early White Dwarf. This is plausible to me, since even I know someone who gets his White Dwarf a week or two ahead of time.
    Last edited by MadmanMSU; 12-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Chapter-Master

On that Faeit rumour from Naftka about psychic powers, my guess is that they didn't want every Tyranid player under the sun taking either Biomancy or Telepathy all the time. But why they would be limited when all the other codices get to do the same is just odd.

I look at it like this. Tyranids, so far, can't take Allies, and conflicting rumours say they can and can't ally with themselves. The point is, they miss out on making up for the weaknesses in their own codex.
    Tyranids can't use the emplaced weapons on fortifications, unlike every single other army in the game.
    Tyranids are apparently losing access to the rulebook powers.

Now call me crazy, but if that is all true, and Tyranids are pretty much flat out ignoring several big chunks of what makes 6th Edition unique, then surely they must not only be getting a lot of flavourful additions to expand the breadth of potential competitive army lists, but they must also be getting a very strong stock codex. When you can't take Allies, make proper use of certain Fortifications or take the fantastic rulebook psychic disciplines, then surely to make the codex competitive they have to themselves be getting a lot of buffs. There is no way after the horrendous reception to the 5th Edition codex that Games Workshop would make such a mistake again, surely?

EDIT: Apparently Tyranids losing access to rulebook psychic powers was what Endobai was referring to earlier in his blurb about Tervigons. Well, that's not a great start to be perfectly honest. That is a lot of psychic power options we are losing if that is the case. Even just from a non-competitive stand-point, it is an annoyance because it would mean we can only ever get the one list of psychic powers, reducing our options. Even if Tyranids end up being super-duper strong, it is going to be very annoying for me.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-09-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Now call me crazy, but if that is all true, and Tyranids are pretty much flat out ignoring several big chunks of what makes 6th Edition unique, then surely they must not only be getting a lot of flavourful additions to expand the breadth of potential competitive army lists, but they must also be getting a very strong stock codex. When you can't take Allies, make proper use of certain Fortifications or take the fantastic rulebook psychic disciplines, then surely to make the codex competitive they have to themselves be getting a lot of buffs. There is no way after the horrendous reception to the 5th Edition codex that Games Workshop would make such a mistake again, surely?
    You'd think that but don't bet on it.

This is based on what I've heard, very much a "restructuring" of the codex, almost a "we think these parts of the codex we're fine in 5th, and we don't think 6th shoud have changed them, therefore we're going to throw them all into one random pot and call it the 6th ed nids list"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Woah! I know the release list was posted earlier from Terrorfex (Harpy, Haruspex!, Warriors, Hive Guard) but I just noticed Endobai confirmed every single kit is a dual kit!
    Tyrant Guard confirmed! Haruspex is a dual kit confirmed with another Epic monster (hmmm!!!)! Harpy kit-sibling confirmed! Warriors are apparently "half-dual".

WOOO!!!

@daboarder Fair enough mate, I guess we haven't got too long to find out.
    Apparently Hormagaunts have been redone ala Slaanesh Daemons (Daemonettes), Endobai specifically said they are "cheaper and faster". 5 point Beast Hormagaunts confirmed? That would be sick and automatically make them a far, far better unit.
    Endobai says Rippers appear to be more expensive but lost the "die out of Synapse thing", which makes me curious as to what buffs they received.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-09-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

here's hoping.

Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast