BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xilton View Post
    Considering the super OP side of eternal warrior (why we don't see a lot), I would highly doubt they would make such a stupid move to allow units to be eternal warrior within the synapse making this dex the worst ever thought unless you want a warrior at 60 pts before upgrades. We just lost ET on daemons and they would add it to nids with a pts reduction on top of that........doesn't make sens.
    It wouldn't wreck anything. Tyranids used to have EW in synapse, and when they took it away it made warriors terrible and most games auto-lose when fighting GK. This will give us a fighting chance vs force weapon spam, and make T4 warriors viable again.

I believe they removed EW from Daemons because the entire army gets invuln saves to help them survive things, Tyranids don't have a single invuln anywhere in the codex. Army wide EW will help greatly.
    Last edited by evilamericorp; 12-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	6000
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    I believe they removed EW from Daemons because the entire army gets invuln saves to help them survive things, Tyranids don't have a single invuln anywhere in the codex. Army wide EW will help greatly.
    They had TWO invulnerables - Zoanthropes (3+) and Swarmlord (4+ in Close Combat ONLY)

Quote Originally Posted by Orwasitme View Post
    They had TWO invulnerables - Zoanthropes (3+) and Swarmlord (4+ in Close Combat ONLY)
    Could always include Doom for another (3+), so technically 2 and a half, half being the Swarmlord. Which still, is not much for Tyranids to survive by lol.

I'm just glad that there should be some armor pen issues resolved. Survivability and Kill Power were both sooooooooo lacking in 5th.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Orwasitme View Post
    Is it just me... or can anyone else feel their income tax return check slipping away into the stomach of the great Norn Queens....
    I can see my credit card taking a huge hit.

Veteran-Sergeant

My brother is going to be happy when I send him this thread. Tyranids were the third army he tried when we started playing in 3rd edition, he had just about given up, and he hasn't stopped playing them since.

Chapter-Master

To be fair, the 4th ed codex had cheap MCs with Eternal Warrior, and nidzilla was the leafblower/riptide spam/rage inducing netlist of its time. They just went a little overboard with the nerfs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

A better balance would be that synapse creatures themselves are EW but don't give it to others within 6".
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Personal opinion?

Eternal Synapse Warrior was dropped due to Apocalypse and how strength D used to work.

Blat a Bio-Titan, and you knocked off multiple wounds. Blat a group of non-gargantuan Nids, and well that'll be a single wound each ta. Which was rubbish and just plain weird!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks