BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1295
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    How are people not getting that we have not lost any attacks on CC things (assuming that this is actually true) it's +1 attack for two cc weapons, that means that a Trygon would have 6 attacks! Come on people! Not saying I'm happy about nerfs to talons but really.
    If most of the main assault monsters (Trygons, Carnifexs, Raveners, etc.) all have their attacks reduced by one just to compensate for the +1 on the extra set of CC biomorphs...the question becomes why even bother adding that in the first place? They have literally accomplished nothing if that is the case, which is what I think people are irked with. It just seems like most of the rumors I have read so far have been exactly like this. Like cheaper Hormagaunts...but...the upgrades went up in price so they are actually the exact same (for example). I am *hoping* that this isn't the case for the entire book. We wont know until tomorrow/thursday I guess lol.

Chapter-Master

Because they have accomplished something. Namely, now 'nids can have multiple CCWs, which opens up a wide range of options. That's probably a good thing for most units, since now you can get +1A on them. For MCs, though, they had to tweak their statline so that they didn't get a free bonus attack while dropping in points so greatly.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Because they have accomplished something. Namely, now 'nids can have multiple CCWs, which opens up a wide range of options. That's probably a good thing for most units, since now you can get +1A on them. For MCs, though, they had to tweak their statline so that they didn't get a free bonus attack while dropping in points so greatly.
    Yeah, this doesn't bother me all that much. It's the idea that scything talons no longer allow you to reroll misses that worries me. Or the idea that 'Nids can only benefit from one set of CCWs at a time.

No idea if there's any validity to either of those, but we'll see.

I honestly plan to just judge it myself once I read the codex. Whoever has the codex probably is messing with us, not giving us accurate information, and possible misinterpreting the rules, which happens pretty often.

On top of that, there's also the large chance that we look at everything, think it'll be bad, but then somehow ends up being awesome. Or an errata happens that adds something totally weird that makes something completely epic.

Edit: For example, Helldrake's Baleflamer getting 360 degree arc measured from the base.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the heldrakes baleflamer does NOT make the rest of the codex any less ****

but thats another argument, we'll know more about the nids when we've got the book.
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-07-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulio View Post
    If most of the main assault monsters (Trygons, Carnifexs, Raveners, etc.) all have their attacks reduced by one just to compensate for the +1 on the extra set of CC biomorphs...the question becomes why even bother adding that in the first place? They have literally accomplished nothing if that is the case, which is what I think people are irked with. It just seems like most of the rumors I have read so far have been exactly like this. Like cheaper Hormagaunts...but...the upgrades went up in price so they are actually the exact same (for example). I am *hoping* that this isn't the case for the entire book. We wont know until tomorrow/thursday I guess lol.

I think it's to create distinction between CC MCs and ones with weapons, which I want personally because I play CC monsters almost exclusively, but it is frustrating that they may have nerfed scything talons. I will wait to see the whole book before I rage though. But I'm bummed so far that the Monstrous creatures have just gotten worse at close combat in an edition where it's already been nerfed. But I'm unique because I like to build elite close combat creatures, not have a bunch of pansies that get smashed by greater Deamons.

I'm hoping that old one eye and the swarmlord are solid options for me. Swarmy will likely be good, but old one eye has been crap forever now.

Brother-Sergeant

I am still in pain over the Chaos book, then the black legion book and the last ed of Tyranids, GW loves to put out crap codex's for the two races that I play all too often.

Chapter-Master

Hey, don't feel bad. At least your monsters aren't Walkers. Poor SM Dreadnoughts...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Hey, don't feel bad. At least your monsters aren't Walkers. Poor SM Dreadnoughts...

Oh I know, I have 4 chaos dreads, 3 of which are from FW, they're all garbage aside from the Contemptor which is okay.