BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I agree with StarWarsDoug,

When your collection gets to a certain size - it becomes about the visual design and coolness of the models. Rules wax and wane - but a badass model is forever.

If the design turns my head and I collect the army - I'll pick one up.
    That's how I started in '02 and that's what I've gotten back to these days. I have a hard time buying models for the rules. I need to know I'll enjoy painting it and seeing it on the battlefield.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire to Glory View Post
    That's how I started in '02 and that's what I've gotten back to these days. I have a hard time buying models for the rules. I need to know I'll enjoy painting it and seeing it on the battlefield.
    Fair enough. I'm not in it as much for the hobby aspect as I am the challenging tactical aspect. I'm sure there are plenty of folks that don't see it my way.

Either way like Doug said, it's moot. Faeit's got the entire December release up for perusal, and there are no Tyranid anythings on there. If it's a two-wave release, it'll be Jan-Feb. I would've been surprised to see models release before the codex anyway.

Battle-Brother

So I'm brand new to Warhammer. Been playing about a Month and I'm hoping to pick up the Tyranids when the new codex releases. My question is, in perusing a friend's older codex I saw Harpies and some other models that don't appear on the Games Workshop website. Is there somewhere else to pick some of these models up?

Nope, GW basically wanted us to kit bash them off of existing kits. Making a Harpy out of wings from a Hive Tyrant and body of a Trygon.

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    December product list

Attachment 5771
    Any pics of these models? I rather like the Hobbit game.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Any pics of these models? I rather like the Hobbit game.
    Damn straight! Pleasing skirmish rules are pleasing!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Schott View Post
    Nope, GW basically wanted us to kit bash them off of existing kits. Making a Harpy out of wings from a Hive Tyrant and body of a Trygon.
    if youre a real cheapskate just make it with extra bits

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8286180869_ed84a96c75_z.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	5772

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by americanninjax View Post
    So I'm brand new to Warhammer. Been playing about a Month and I'm hoping to pick up the Tyranids when the new codex releases. My question is, in perusing a friend's older codex I saw Harpies and some other models that don't appear on the Games Workshop website. Is there somewhere else to pick some of these models up?
    If you wait about a month and a bit a Harpy kit *should* be released going by the rumours.

I'm actually giving some more thought to the "giant monster" rumour. Maybe it can be a proper transport option or a psychic 'destroyer'?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Librarian

what if its a building?

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    If you wait about a month and a bit a Harpy kit *should* be released going by the rumours.

I'm actually giving some more thought to the "giant monster" rumour. Maybe it can be a proper transport option or a psychic 'destroyer'?
    Yeah I just hope that if we get a transport option, it doesn't suck. It'll pretty much need to be T8 with a 2+/5+(i), a 12" regular move, the ability to run, and have feel no pain just to make it across the board. And, it better be open-topped or else it's worthless.

Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast