BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    40K Radio has January for Nids, with Feb as "unsure, possibly Hobbit related"

If they are fully converting Nids from finecast over to plastic, it would take 7 boxes and a clampack to do, which fits with the size of the Delf release. And Dark Elves had their release spread over two months. Anyone else looking at the 40K Jan/Feb rumors and thinking a double release for Nids?
    That's actually what I brought up today with some friends, a two-month release for 'Nids makes sense if they are going to re-do that much stuff in plastic. It also makes me wonder where new units will fit in, as I doubt they would solely leave new units to being options in dual kits. Look at this;

Tyranid Prime - plastic clampack
    The Parasite of Mortrex - plastic clampack
    Tyrant Guard/Hive Guard - plastic dual kit
    Lictors w/ options for Deathleaper - plastic kit, maybe dual kit with new unit?
    Zoanthropes/Venomthropes w/ options for Doom of Malan'tai - plastic dual kit
    Pyrovores/Biovores - plastic dual kit
    Genestealers/Ymgarl Genestealers - plastic dual kit repackaged for Ymgarl bits
    Tyranid Warriors/Shrikes - plastic dual kit repackaged for Shrike bits
    Mycetic Spore - plastic kit
    Ripper Swarms/Sky Slashers - plastic dual kit
    Harpy - plastic kit
    Spore Mines - plastic kit
    Carnifex - maybe redo the instructions so that Old One Eye can officially be made out of it (there is already a head for him in the kit)
    The Red Terror - What happens here? Becomes out of production maybe?

11 plastic kits and 2 clampacks before ANY new units are added in! It's why I personally don't see all their Finecast stuff disappearing, I expect that Spore Mines, Rippers, Lictors and Deathleaper at the very least will stay Finecast, but maybe more. Still, that they need so much stuff to be redone/given models before even considering new units is just crazy. That's why I actually am starting to genuinely think they will get a two month release. With a new (hopefully good) codex in tow, it would be the perfect way to massively kick-start interest in Tyranids again.

As far as new units, given that we've seen an entirely new base size for Centurions, maybe those early rumours about a giant Tyranid monster aren't so out of whack. I personally don't see it though as the Harpy and the Mycetic Spore would probably fill the "big new kit" quota anyway, but it is nonetheless a thought to entertain.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Given the recent shift of going right back to 2nd ed lore I wonder if the Genestealer Magus could pop up in the codex, or a supplement.
    Well they've reappeared in the fiction...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Mr Mystery Predicts.....

Pyrovore to get 'Torrent' on it's flame weapon. Which would make them dead good in my book.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Mr Mystery Predicts.....

Pyrovore to get 'Torrent' on it's flame weapon. Which would make them dead good in my book.
    Yeah, I don't know why they didn't get that from the get go (Tyrannofex has it). They are well worth the 45 point cost and other redonkulous rules when they have Torrent.

You pod in a squad of 3, move 6" and then you are able to torch anything within 12". With the pod being ~4" across, you have a 20" threat range. Not to mention, place the template practically any way you want to... usually that means hitting ~7 guys per flame hit.
    21 hits, ignores cover, str5 AP4.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 10-08-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Seems like we are in the lull before the rumor storm, I am really hoping that we get some new bug rumors soon.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why they didn't get that from the get go (Tyrannofex has it). They are well worth the 45 point cost and other redonkulous rules when they have Torrent.

You pod in a squad of 3, move 6" and then you are able to torch anything within 12". With the pod being ~4" across, you have a 20" threat range. Not to mention, place the template practically any way you want to... usually that means hitting ~7 guys per flame hit.
    21 hits, ignores cover, str5 AP4.
    Yup. though I like to use them as suicide bugs. Hide them amongst Gaunts, and then bung them into a powerfist heavy unit, and proceed to wee acid over everyone, and then ideally go *pop*. Can be a right giggle when it works!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    That's actually what I brought up today with some friends, a two-month release for 'Nids makes sense if they are going to re-do that much stuff in plastic. It also makes me wonder where new units will fit in, as I doubt they would solely leave new units to being options in dual kits. Look at this;

Tyranid Prime - plastic clampack
    The Parasite of Mortrex - plastic clampack
    Tyrant Guard/Hive Guard - plastic dual kit
    Lictors w/ options for Deathleaper - plastic kit, maybe dual kit with new unit?
    Zoanthropes/Venomthropes w/ options for Doom of Malan'tai - plastic dual kit
    Pyrovores/Biovores - plastic dual kit
    Genestealers/Ymgarl Genestealers - plastic dual kit repackaged for Ymgarl bits
    Tyranid Warriors/Shrikes - plastic dual kit repackaged for Shrike bits
    Mycetic Spore - plastic kit
    Ripper Swarms/Sky Slashers - plastic dual kit
    Harpy - plastic kit
    Spore Mines - plastic kit
    Carnifex - maybe redo the instructions so that Old One Eye can officially be made out of it (there is already a head for him in the kit)
    The Red Terror - What happens here? Becomes out of production maybe?

11 plastic kits and 2 clampacks before ANY new units are added in! It's why I personally don't see all their Finecast stuff disappearing, I expect that Spore Mines, Rippers, Lictors and Deathleaper at the very least will stay Finecast, but maybe more. Still, that they need so much stuff to be redone/given models before even considering new units is just crazy. That's why I actually am starting to genuinely think they will get a two month release. With a new (hopefully good) codex in tow, it would be the perfect way to massively kick-start interest in Tyranids again.

As far as new units, given that we've seen an entirely new base size for Centurions, maybe those early rumours about a giant Tyranid monster aren't so out of whack. I personally don't see it though as the Harpy and the Mycetic Spore would probably fill the "big new kit" quota anyway, but it is nonetheless a thought to entertain.
    Prime and Parasite are honestly too large for a plastic clampack. Probably add a few parts to a potential Warrior/Shrike box.
    Genestealers don't need a new box right now. They already have plastic, and if you want a full unit of Ymgarls, buy multiple boxes or trade for the feeder tendril heads. A broodlord would make for a logical clampack though.
    Why would rippers need a new kit? They have rippers mixed in with most the other sprues.
    Spore Mines also are unlikely to get a kit. Throw a few on the Biovore sprue and it's good.

I see 7 kits and one clampack.
    As for centurion bases, I see a decent number of Nid creatures moving to the 50mm size- Tyrant Guard/Hive guard seem logical, and potentially Lictors and warriors.

So, what's the betting on who the writer is?

£20 says the interwebs will say it's Mr Ward, even beyond the point where the credits page of the Codex is set upon the interwebs.....because that's what always happens!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Daedulus View Post
    So, what's the betting on who the writer is?
    My tip is Phil Kelly.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/