BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Hahahaha.

I can't wait for new 'nids, but I also really want a new PC. >.<
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyehable View Post
    Looks like this edition will not make me happy either. I started back in 2000 with a Seeding Swarm (3rd Ed.) with no monstrous creatures. I have ran my swarm with no MC's (except for mycetic pods, and in apocalypse games) for 13 years. I even made a backstory for my swarm wherein they mutated after eating Kroot, and had to cull the genetic code of MC's from their genepool. Looks like this version will not lend itself to support my swarm. {sad}
    Except Kroot have monsters of their own...Krootox, Knarloc...

Also, have you read the 6th edition codex thoroughly? Have you play-tested 20 or 30 games at varying points levels against all the top tier armies? Have you tried out every unit combination in the new codex to know what will be useful?

Oh wait...you're making up your mind before finding out for sure.

It's funny when people complain about what they haven't tried, and/or accuse GW of not play-testing when they won't actually play with it themselves.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Ok so some more rumors I heard/found on the site I got all the pics from. First the Haruspex is not a transport just a cool looking assault monster. Next the reason there are multiple spore mine appearances is apparently the Harpy has different kind of spore mines it can drop. One is poisoned on is ignore cover etc. I would assume this would translate to the biovore as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    It is not a transport. Those rumours were completely bogus.
    Then, if synapse does not give eternal warrior, the mid sized tyranids (warriors, raveners, lictors, venonthropes, "the R4-multiwound minis") could remain almost unplayable in this edition (as it is now), maybe those with flesh hooks will have a chance... but i wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, with superheavies on normal games, i believe FMCs will be the best of the codex.

Chapter-Master

As I said above, Warriors are not "almost unplayable". Though if they lose spore pods...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

To this day I hate people who say stuff is 'unplayable'. It's just not true, my swarms have bested many armies, besides guys, have a bit of fun, play around with stuff, it's better than using the same lists every time. It's boring.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by harrytown View Post
    I think this is a new page not sure if it is the same one though as the current codex. Attachment 6018

Also here is the link
    [url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MBotD80wUz4/UqoPHJHDTnI/AAAAAAAA5Bw/abFleaGkmBI/s1600/1386858220844.jpg[/url]
    If this sheet is to be believed a couple of observations:

• Warriors stat line appears unchanged from 5th edition (I agree with those before who said it looks like BS 3)
    • Although a unit of 3 seems to be the same price, it looks like adding additional models may have had a hike of +6pts. This may be a resolution artifact.
    • As previously mentioned there is a size category for the unit: this may be forward thinking. Have any recent codexes omitted size category for a unit? Admittedly everyone has transports, but perhaps this will allow for a rule like JOTWW to only be useful up to a certain size model.
    • Toxin sacs -2 points!
    • Adrenal Glands same price
    • Fleshhooks for same price as Adrenal glands
    • Adding credence to this copy is the listing for the weapons. Warriors come with standard weapons, but are then allowed to choose from "Basic Biomorphs" or "Melee Biomorphs". Looks like the era of the Armory returns.

Genestealers:
    • Same Price
    • Same Statline for Genestealer* (*Note: although it would make no sense in relation to the broodlord, the armor save REALLY looks like a 3+. That is probably a resolution artifact)
    • Same Statline for Broodlord (both have BS 0)
    • Broodlord is Bulky
    • Broodlord comes with "The Horror" stock
    • Broodlord upgrade either went down by 6 points, or up by 14 points by my eyesight!
    • Adrenal Glands/Toxin Sacs same price
    • Most interesting to me: "Any model may take Scything Talons for x points" This is new correct? I had always read the 5th edition entry to read that it was an all or nothing upgrade, not a model by model choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Daedulus View Post
    To this day I hate people who say stuff is 'unplayable'. It's just not true, my swarms have bested many armies, besides guys, have a bit of fun, play around with stuff, it's better than using the same lists every time. It's boring.
    i feel hated

"almost unplayable" its and exageration i know ("underperforming" is a closer word), but when there is a increase of S8 weapons, and in general massed fire power and/or better maneuverability (our group is eldar (mine), tau, marines, CSM, GK, and tyranid of course)

Now, IF the spore pod is out (counting that it makes a difference), and there is no changes aside from having flesh hooks, warriors on foot will be just like popcorn about to me made.

Of course, there could be still a way of making them work, we haven't seen anything but rumours and there is a huge gap for rules to fill, like synapse with eternal warrior, or maybe enhanced deployment, that could make warriors work, and i would like to seeing them do so for a change.

Chapter-Master

There's a lot of str 6-7 firepower, more than anything else. But like I mentioned above, my partner and I have had a lot of luck with them, used in a particular fashion.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 12-13-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    If this sheet is to be believed a couple of observations:

Genestealers:
    • Broodlord comes with "The Horror" stock
    • Broodlord upgrade either went down by 6 points, or up by 14 points by my eyesight!
    • Most interesting to me: "Any model may take Scything Talons for x points" This is new correct? I had always read the 5th edition entry to read that it was an all or nothing upgrade, not a model by model choice.
    The cost stayed the same, only that you now add a broodlord for 60 points instead of turning a 14 points genestealer into a broodlord for additional 46 points

I'm not familiar with the english names, is the horror a tyranid or a basic rulebook power?

Most interesting to me, the absence of the rule that made genestealers independent from synapse creatures. Also the absence of instinctive behavior or any other army wide rule.