BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1295

Isn't this all a tad off-topic....besides what does that power even do ?(Noob Alert)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Daedulus View Post
    Isn't this all a tad off-topic...
    As if such should ever occur.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Gosh! Well! Crikey!

If a Space Wolf player has the opportunity to knack big things, I guess we better apply that to everything eh?!

See that Landraider? Vulnerable to Lascannons, Brightlances, Darklances and Heavy Railguns. That surely makes it four times as bad. Best not field any of those. GAME R BROKED!

Heavy Bolters are soooooooo broked against anything T3 with a worse than 4+ save. Best throw that teddy from the pram as well!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Now its starting to sound like a rules thread

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Daedulus View Post
    Isn't this all a tad off-topic....besides what does that power even do ?(Noob Alert)
    Draw a line, I think it's 24", from the Rune Priest. Everything touched by that line takes an Initiative test, if you fail the model is removed from play, no saves.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Gosh! Well! Crikey!

If a Space Wolf player has the opportunity to knack big things, I guess we better apply that to everything eh?!

See that Landraider? Vulnerable to Lascannons, Brightlances, Darklances and Heavy Railguns. That surely makes it four times as bad. Best not field any of those. GAME R BROKED!

Heavy Bolters are soooooooo broked against anything T3 with a worse than 4+ save. Best throw that teddy from the pram as well!
    It's not the same. It would be like a lance strength 10 ap 1, with + 2 on the vehicle result table that can draw a line through multiple landraiders within 24", not to mention killing your troops as well. That is basically what Jaws do to MCs and low initiative armies.

On the bright side most Daemons laugh at jaws.

So we agree it's subjectively useful as a power? Devoid of juicy targets, of which I'll freely agree Nids provide many it's really quite limited.

Against Infantry? That line won't catch a great deal unless your opponent is seriously bunched up.

Against high initiative? It's a high stakes low level threat, if that makes sense.

That prevents it from being game breaking in itself.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

[QUOTE=Mr Mystery;381605]So we agree it's subjectively useful as a power? Devoid of juicy targets, of which I'll freely agree Nids provide many it's really quite limited.

Against Infantry? That line won't catch a great deal unless your opponent is seriously bunched up.

Against high initiative? It's a high stakes low level threat, if that makes sense.

Depends on what army you play. Nids, some Daemon armies, some CSM armies, Tau, and Orcs say otherwise.

Also it's not about being bunched up, it's about placement. That is why the drop pod rune priest is so look annoying. It's one thing if it was hard to pull off. It's another thing that even a monkey can win vs certain armies.

For example my Fateweaver with a similar effect took out 4 vehicles with just one beam shot and wiped out a cultists squad who happened to be hit with flickering fire. That's 5 units taken out by one model, helps to get rear hits.

With the drop pod you can easy align yourself to get the maximum amount of models with a 6" disembarkment. Even with interceptor they are difficult to deal with due to hiding behind the dumb drop pod, but poking out enough to jaws.

I can see the hatred with nids since people do not run just one priest. The troops is not a big thing, but losing like 800 points to a model that cost around 100 points is a bit much.

That being all said my Fateweaver beam tactic typically take out a tank or two, unless I roll bad. The jaws typically take out more than that unless you spread out your stuff out side of 24".

Although I can see if humanity type players would think it's not that bad since at worst they have I3 and rarely work about losing high costing models against that power.

That prevents it from being game breaking in itself

It's still only subjectively useful.

Nobody overly frets about their armoured column meeting the hard counter of las-cannon spam, so why worry about a single psychic power available to a single entry in a single army and whether or not you'll run into it?

Chapter-Master

Jaws is extremely powerful. It, combined with the Ruinic Weapon, makes the Rune Priest the single best hq in 40k. Sure, it doesn't kill literally everything, but there are so many otherwise extremely durable units that are massively vulnerable to it that it's easily one of the best powers in the game. It has a lot of nasty tricks to it, too, like character sniping with no LOS. And remember, even high I models are pretty vulnerable, since it ignores all saves and eternal warrior. A power that can autokill basically any nonvehicle model in the game, many of them on a straight 3+, and can snipe specific models out of a unit, is not 'subjectively useful'. That's like saying a demolisher cannon is 'subjectively useful' because it isn't that great against orks. Sure, orks might not care about losing a few guys, but the demolisher cannon absolutely wrecks a lot of other stuff.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.