BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

That would be a Hive Ship, one of the many that comprises a Hive Fleet.
    The Tyranids method for interstellar and intergalactic travel.

We need to spread our gribblies across the stars

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by George Smiley View Post
    eww that picture makes the haruspex look horrible. I mean the thing does look almost toyish. There could have been much more detail in that thing instead of just "enlarging" the ribcage and the like.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    eww that picture makes the haruspex look horrible. I mean the thing does look almost toyish. There could have been much more detail in that thing instead of just "enlarging" the ribcage and the like.
    That's someones attempt at a size comparison. All photoshop. Not in any way an official pic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Force multipliers are well and good, but you need to have a force to multiply, and that multiplier has to be significant. Something like Coteaz casting Forewarning and Prescience on a unit of 10 Paladins is one thing, making a unit of 10 wimpy Hormagaunts reroll 1's to hit is something completely different. If you have to spend all of your psychic powers from your big bugs just to give some 'gaunts Fearless and FNP and enough special rules to actually make them hit hard, that's not synergy, that's a handicap. Not that 'gaunts should hit too hard considering that they're supposed to be fairly weak, but 'nidz can already toss Poison and Furious Charge and FNP and Fearless and the like on 'gaunts, and while they're not terrible, they're not exactly great either. They're meatshields and little else, generally.
    The cost of 10 Hormagaunts versus 10 Paladins is...

And now you know why they are "wimpy" by comparison. When you field 60 Hormagaunts to bring those costs closer together, however, suddenly it evens out.

People want Hormagaunts to be guaranteed turn 1 charges, with assault grenades, 3 attacks apiece at S4 I5, and the ability to get armor saves against boltguns for 5 points a model. That's never going to happen, even in an unbalanced game. Gaunts of any variety shouldn't be able to do anything to Marines but bounce off of them without huge numbers. Go figure...that's how it works out. Hormagaunts are a glass hammer that should be thrown away in waves at the enemy, while Termagants are cannon fodder and objective holders in a pinch. They won't hold an objective like Terminators where they are tough to move; they will hold an objective by putting 30 of themselves on it and making it impossible to get to. Oh, and a Tervigon is sure to be nearby.

Tyranids are weak and swarmy, supported by huge monsters. Marines are elite and expensive, supported by more elite and expensive stuff. That applies to upgrades as well. Biomorphs are cheap and small, but there can be tons of them all over the place. Wargear options for Marines are expensive and only one guy in a squad can have it.

ON TOPIC (and not whiny): People keep saying that the third entry on the Gaunts page is Gargoyles. I realize it's small print, but there is nothing about the shape of that word that looks like 'Gargoyles'.
    Last edited by doogansquest; 12-19-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Quote Originally Posted by doogansquest View Post
    ON TOPIC (and not whiny): People keep saying that the third entry on the Gaunts page is Gargoyles. I realize it's small print, but there is nothing about the shape of that word that looks like 'Gargoyles'.
    I tend to agree with you there. It doesn't have the "shape" I'd expect from "Gargoyles" and it also looks to be a bit shorter compared to the middle entry, which is almost certainly "Hormagaunts" than "Gargoyle" would be.

For example:

Termagants
    Hormagaunts
    Gargoyles

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I don't know what else it could be, nothing else sits in gaunt squads (we've seen the entry for Hgaunts and Tgaunts) and there isn't likely to be another new gaunt squad, after that would require a new kit, which we know doesn't exist (hell the WD picture even confirms that only models that have a kit available are getting rules)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Trevorgaunts.

You heard it here first folks.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yeah, I can't make it out yet. I suppose the codex is all we will have until more people get the White Dwarf. Not a huge deal. Less than two weeks for some.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by doogansquest View Post

Hmmm... I assumed that the lefthand page were the other 3 known troop choices: The top to are Warriors + Genestealers as we had seen from the previous excerpt, which should leave the Gaunts as the last one. Now if you're talking about the Gaunt Unit page and there being 3 entries, there I am at a lost. Maybe Termagaunt, Spinegaunt, Devilgaunt?

Chapter-Master

Considering I can name 5 troop choices, I don't think it is too hard to figure out what they are:

Warriors
    Genestealers
    Hormogaunts
    Termagants
    Rippers
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast