BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Thr Tyranid rumors are flowing...

"Rippers are getting a small box like the nurglings. 3 bases. Wings included for sky slashers. Different mouth parts for weapon options."
    Rumor rating: possible
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

The cynical side of me thinks that the majority of the pre-November rumors are going to end up being not true, maybe from an earlier playtesting version of the rules, but not final. It seems strange to me that so many rumors for the book were hitting the internet from 5-6 months out and then we heard nothing for two months.

If there's a general trend I'm seeing, it's the intent is to turn the 'Nids into the quintessential assault army (a bit sad I guess since they used to be that, but playing that way in 6th is a lesson in sadomasochism). If there is anything to the Karkinos/Dominar rumor, it would seem to be a delivery system for this purpose. Whether this particular rumor pans out or not, there still needs to be a way to get the army into melee quickly with minimal casualties. I doubt the rank and file 'Nids are going to get more survivable, so being in melee is the best protection they have.
    Last edited by kjolnir; 11-05-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Fly Lord

The way I always handle rumors, is to only look for trends and generalities.

By the nature of the development and leaking process, you get incorrect and ever-shifting information. Units may have evolving rules, or get dropped altogether.

So for example, there has been too much chatter from virtually every source saying look for 2 new "big kits" that fill a transport role and a command enhancing role. I take that is almost a certainly, while the exact form those units arrive in is still unknown.

By the time we hit early December, it will all be locked down and marketing materials will be in the channel and rumors will firm up very quickly. Just before the holidays, we should have pics starting to show up.

My personal 100% certainly is that in the aftermath of the Chapterhouse case, there WILL BE a Mycetic Spore model

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The way I always handle rumors, is to only look for trends and generalities.

By the nature of the development and leaking process, you get incorrect and ever-shifting information. Units may have evolving rules, or get dropped altogether.

So for example, there has been too much chatter from virtually every source saying look for 2 new "big kits" that fill a transport role and a command enhancing role. I take that is almost a certainly, while the exact form those units arrive in is still unknown.

By the time we hit early December, it will all be locked down and marketing materials will be in the channel and rumors will firm up very quickly. Just before the holidays, we should have pics starting to show up.

My personal 100% certainly is that in the aftermath of the Chapterhouse case, there WILL BE a Mycetic Spore model
    have to check sources... it is the internet. Just because there is chatter everywhere does not mean that the chatter came from different independent sources...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I'm hopeful that it'll be a good codex. In general I'm happy with the way 'Nids play right now in 6th. They got a big boost over 5th edition without really changing a whole lot. I'd prefer to play them as the inexorable tide of teeth and claws, but that's just not viable for the time being.

My personal 100% certainty is that I'm going to have to play them very differently after the codex than I do now.

Brother-Captain

I can not wait to attack its weak spot for massive damage.

Fly Lord

via bols 11-6-2013
    rumor rating: probable, coming from known good sources

Look for a return of many biomorphs in a big way, led by available model options.
    Many plastic models had access to many biomorphs with modeling options in 4th, and those parts are currently cosmetic.
    The feeling is that the biomorph options were curtailed too strongly in the current book and if there is a modeling option for it in a plastic kit, it will have rules in the next codex. I'm looking at you Carnifex!!!

Lash whips and bone swords on a Carnifex? Yes, please.

Of Interest to you guys,

Edit: A pic of the new Hive Guard!

[url]http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/news-tyranid-pictures-emerge.html[/url]
    Last edited by CrAzY424; 11-08-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Better Information.
    http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/

Librarian

Looks like the floodgates are about to blow, super excited. That first pic is it, we are about to see a whole bunch more soon.

Though its a shame that they are sticking with Leviathan as the standard, would have been cool to see some new schemes for the standard. Hope they add a few more in the models section of the codex.
    Last edited by Emerald Rose Widow; 11-08-2013 at 12:34 AM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg