BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 107 of 130 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1295
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Very good HD video readthrough of the new WD Bat rep:

Is it me or that Tau army have 6 Riptides. I can see obvious allies. I just don't know how 6 is possible. Although 5 is possible, unless it's a data sheet I just don't see how they are pulling out 6. Than again thinking about it the game is probably in the 2k range.

Oh. It's a sad day when Tau can field about the same MCs as Tyranids can.

The best part is, games-workshop once published a picture of Tyranid DNA.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah pretty much the entire army is built around their manipulation of biomass, specifically DNA. Hell the guards have Space marines DNA in them according to the background....this is funny
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Is it me or that Tau army have 6 Riptides. I can see obvious allies. I just don't know how 6 is possible. Although 5 is possible, unless it's a data sheet I just don't see how they are pulling out 6. Than again thinking about it the game is probably in the 2k range.

Oh. It's a sad day when Tau can field about the same MCs as Tyranids can.
    There were two 1500-pt Tau detachments, so they got 6 Riptides that way.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    yeah pretty much the entire army is built around their manipulation of biomass, specifically DNA. Hell the guards have Space marines DNA in them according to the background....this is funny
    Retconning DNA out seems pretty senseless to me. No idea why GW would do that.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Retconning DNA out seems pretty senseless to me. No idea why GW would do that.
    We have no idea why GW do a lot of the things they do, but they do them none the less.

So is Cruddace having another shot? Should be interesting to see what comes of it. When Kelly re-wrote Eldar he did a pretty good job, but left a couple of obvious issues behind. I'm wondering what Cruddace has done, given the opportunity to re-write the codex that he wrote last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by anggul View Post
    given the opportunity to re-write the codex that he ruined last time around.
    ftfy
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Chapter-Master

Well, after the reception the last Tyranid codex received, it wouldn't surprise me if they put the new codex author as the "Games Workshop Design Team" to cover up the fact it was mostly Cruddace's work again.
    But I doubt that is the case. Almost every codex - if not all of them - nowadays is a collaborative effort in some form, whether for rules or fluff.

Going to be picking up the codex on release day for sure. The only model I will buy regardless of the rules is the Harpy (to build as a Harpy, not a Crone), and whether or not I get it on release day depends on a few things. Suffice it to say, I'm very excited!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

RE changes in the background.....

It happens. No biggy. Heck, once upon a time Space Marines weren't even genhanced warriors!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Mystery, that was about the same amount of time ago, its so far back its largely irrelevant as an example of "fluff" changes. And regardless robins apparent "understanding" of tyranids flies so far in the face of almost all the background concerning them and the communities understanding of the race that its almost insulting. I mean this is the guy that said tyranids shouldn't win any battles in the backrground, even in their own codex. clearly the man missed the "impending doom" memo from the 4th ed Phil kelly codex.

edit: and thats just style, don't even get me started on the self contradictory nature of his abhorrent writing.
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.