BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Initiate

I'm definitely looking forward to the fresh codex. Did any of the new army books released this year fill as many gaps in their previous codices like the Tyranids? I personally think GW owes Tyranid players a big boost this go around since we had to wait ~4 years for official kits/bits for at least 14 models when 5th ed codex was released (granted they released the tervigon/tyrannofex and swarmlord/winged tyrant years later). I'm excited and looking forward to getting the new kits, however, I don't like the idea that they are releasing lots of kits that should have been released years ago, and passing it off as "new" stuff. I guess it will all be new on some level, but still, I feel like they should have been caught up with kits by the time the next codex rolls around years later. It might be the cynic in me, but I hope the Tyranids aren't given such a boost that everyone and their mom starts playing them because they are mega good after the release. -_- The rumors sound appealing so far, but it seems like 6th ed in general is falling away from creativity like conversions and kit bashing (which is a big appeal to Tyranids!). I hope Tyranids still feel like Tyranids after the update, otherwise I'm stoked and saving up as much $$ as I can to dump on the new releases.
    ~12.5k Tyranids
    Casual gamer. (But not fannypack, Hawaiian shirt and man-sandals casual)

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Why don't you want it to be Kelly? Eldar have the best internal balance of any 6th Edition book released so far IMO, though I guess caution is understandable after Chaos Space Marines....
    It won't be Cruddace, not after the previous codex. I doubt it would be Vetock but I guess anything is possible. Ward seems to be doing the 40K supplements more than the codices - he's been confirmed to have written Iyanden and Sentinels of Terra - so I'm not too sure it will be him. The one that seems to make the most sense is Kelly.

From a rules perspective, I personally hope it is Ward though. His High Elf and Dark Elf books have been outstanding works; I'm sure he can write a 40K book of similar quality.
    Kelly codices tend to be mostly internally balanced well, but always with a unit or two that are extremely strong/broken , and a unit that is extremely weak/useless. CSM had Hell Drakes and Mutilators. Space Wolves had Thunderwolf mounts, Jaws, Long Fangs, and blood claw variants. Eldar have Wave Serpents and Howling Banshees.

Chapter-Master

Are you kidding? Phil Kelly has terrible internal balance. You just pointed out some of the cases. But even his most vaunted codex, Dark Eldar, has pretty much devolved into Venom spam with Warriors and Trueborn backed up by Ravagers.

If it's Phil Kelly, then most of the crappy units will take a superficial but meaningless buff and they'll still be crap, while D3 decent units will suddenly be able to, I don't know, assault out of deepstrike, never scatter, automatically come in on a turn of your choice, ignore Interceptor and Overwatch, and get cheaper, all at the same time.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Are you kidding? Phil Kelly has terrible internal balance. You just pointed out some of the cases. But even his most vaunted codex, Dark Eldar, has pretty much devolved into Venom spam with Warriors and Trueborn backed up by Ravagers.

If it's Phil Kelly, then most of the crappy units will take a superficial but meaningless buff and they'll still be crap, while D3 decent units will suddenly be able to, I don't know, assault out of deepstrike, never scatter, automatically come in on a turn of your choice, ignore Interceptor and Overwatch, and get cheaper, all at the same time.
    True story bro

Fly Lord

A tiny rumor with BIG implications:

Unique Tyranid creatures are unique per detachment. For for example 2 Dooms, 2 Swarmlords, etc... at 2k, representing a very rare breed but something that each HiveFleet knows how to create in extremis.
    Rumor rating: possible
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    OP updated

Zoanthrope Kit Description:
    -Multipart plastic kit makes 3 models.
    -Flying bases.
    -3 base bodies in the kit, 2 tails are coiled, one is curling slightly forward.
    -Back plates and chests are identical for the three. These are wider and slightly taller than the current model. The base tail piece has 2 tiny claws that go on, but are not normal Tyranid ball sockets. The torso has 4 arm sockets. For these models the claw arms are similar to hormagaunt claws, but shorter. Kit contains a dozen arms, most are retracted, four are extended out. All are small atrophied limbs compared to other Tyranids. Two rows of back-vents.
    - Multipart heads. There are separate pieces per head to make the mouths have more dimension. One has its tongue out, curling to the side. One closed mouth, one mouth is wide open. The head plate is wider and has a spiked ridge. The brains are exposed, no eyes.
    -Tail loses the current model's spiked end.
    -Slightly larger than the current model.
    -Fundamentally an evolutionary kit from the current Zoanthrope to meet the requirements of injected plastic production.
    I have a distinct feeling that Zoanthropes are going to be similar to Techmarines in that they will be HQ but not allowed to lead your army.

JvK

Fly Lord

Rumor rating: NaCl coming from unvetted sources.

Still, it does line up with a lot of earlier stuff. You make the call:

"The Dominar embodies Tyranid Hive Mind completely. Within its shadow, lesser creatures bow in servitude, and larger Tyranids find greater access to the warp. It's armored shell protects it from the most powerful weaponry. Any enemy foolish enough to close with it will find no mercy, as it's claws and teeth rip through flesh and armor plating with ease, and within its massive body lie all manner of symbiotic organisms willing to defend their host.

The Karkanos is a lumbering, living fortress. Upon it's back, smaller Tyranids will gather for protection, waiting for the opportune moment to strike at their foes. Bristling with weapons, it can decimate foes as they close, while it's passengers target other enemies.

This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 84 components with which to build one Tyranid Dominar or one Karkanos. This kit contains all the weapon options available to the either creature including cluster spines, heavy venom cannons, brain leech devourers, and acid spray. This kit contains one Large Oval base. It is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints."

"The dominar has a 18" synapse range and Shadow in the Warp range, and increases the psyker level of all Tyranid Psykers within 6" by 1 level. Also has It will Not Die, psychic Monstrosity, IC(c) and can take most Tyranid Biomorphs. It's bigger than the Tyrranofex model, wider with a taller stance, huge head with a massive brain under a wide plate, large mouth like the trygons. It has three rows of vents along the back plates, but the back plates come up behind the head like a turtle, offering protection."

" the Karkanos looks like a crab. It has a wide flat body, the back plate is sunk in and has a ridge around the outer edges. It's front set of arms can hold a few weapon options like venom cannons or devourers or can take claws or talons. Transport capacity is identical to the spore, but it cannot carry MCs. It is a dedicated transport option for the walking troops: warriors, Genestealers, hormigaunts, Termagants. Open top. Has special rules to handle being a MC and transport...not a vehicle. It's probably one of the most expensive dedicated transports in the game. Can be taken in heavy section solo."
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

That sounds like it is a rumor that needs to be taken with trucks full of salt, and coming from un-vetted sources I am not sure as to its validity. It could be interesting, but at this point not sure what to think about it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

The Dominar thing sounds like it's either based on or could back up earlier rumors about Tyranid psychic powers having multiple casting levels. Otherwise there would be no point to boosting a psykery level when you only have a single spell.
    My Hobby Blog: http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/

Dominar/Dominatrix....quite possible to be honest.

Hmmmm. Plus, either serial effort put in, and kudos therefore deserved, or someone has genuinely seen something.

Either way, more convinced by this than most rumours.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks