BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah me too, i'll buy tow regardless of rules I think.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    I am especially looking forward to seeing the kit they make for the FMC's, the harpy for example, or whatever big one they make
    It will be interesting to see what happens, particularly with GW not leaving codices/army books without models recently. Off the top of my head, all of the following are without official models;
    *The Parasite of Mortrex
    *Tyranid Prime
    *The Doom of Malan'tai
    *Ymgarl Genestealers
    *Mycetic Spore
    *Tyranid Shrikes
    *Sky Slasher Swarms
    *Harpy

Of course, the Prime, Doom and Ymgarls can all be 'proxied' with conversion work done to a regular variant of their sub-species, but I doubt that would sit well with GW. When you throw in the new units they will invariably add, I'm not sure whether GW will actively remove some of these units, leave some without models or do a big release.
    I will definitely buy two of the FMC kit though. The possibility of the Harpy being a dual kit isn't as certain as one would think though; Chaos Space Marines only have the one variant in their flyer kit, presumably to keep in line with the "two fliers" for everyone (Daemon Prince) even if it is a stretch. Still, would be annoying if they restricted our flying monstrous creature selection to Hive Tyrants and Harpies. The codex has some obvious holes that need filling, but I'm not sure we need another ground-based big monster unless it fits in the Elite slot.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    The codex has some obvious holes that need filling, but I'm not sure we need another ground-based big monster unless it fits in the Elite slot.
    Elite! Currently thats the last place Nids need more choice, its already rammed with Zoanthropes, Hive Guard, ymgarl stealers, Doom of Malan'tai , venomthropes... many of which nid armies depend on as 'essential choices'.

If there are not big changes in the rest of the codex, another choice in elites will be absolutely wasted. My bet would be the new MC will be either Heavy or HQ with the Prime moving to an upgrade character for warriors.

Chapter-Master

I meant monstrous creature wise haha. HQ, Heavy Support are packed with them. We already got one in Troops and I doubt we will get another there. Fast Attack will presumably have the Harpy and the second FMC if there is one. Unless you want to stack one of the slots further, for a "Nidzilla" you would probably want it in Elites. Of course, with Tyranids not having access to Allies, I think we may be seeing something that lets the army get around the FOC more than other codices.

I do agree though that it would stack the Elites slot too much as it stands currently.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 07-09-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens, particularly with GW not leaving codices/army books without models recently. Off the top of my head, all of the following are without official models;
    *The Parasite of Mortrex
    *Tyranid Prime
    *The Doom of Malan'tai
    *Ymgarl Genestealers
    *Mycetic Spore
    *Tyranid Shrikes
    *Sky Slasher Swarms
    *Harpy

Of course, the Prime, Doom and Ymgarls can all be 'proxied' with conversion work done to a regular variant of their sub-species, but I doubt that would sit well with GW. When you throw in the new units they will invariably add, I'm not sure whether GW will actively remove some of these units, leave some without models or do a big release.
    I will definitely buy two of the FMC kit though. The possibility of the Harpy being a dual kit isn't as certain as one would think though; Chaos Space Marines only have the one variant in their flyer kit, presumably to keep in line with the "two fliers" for everyone (Daemon Prince) even if it is a stretch. Still, would be annoying if they restricted our flying monstrous creature selection to Hive Tyrants and Harpies. The codex has some obvious holes that need filling, but I'm not sure we need another ground-based big monster unless it fits in the Elite slot.
    I am a big fan of origional unique and kit bashed models so i love seeing tyranids on the table. so many different people have done spore pods different ways. though i disagree with some here sayign they are better off thna orks, liek orks they have very few builds that work. the problem with tyranids is they get pretty much instagibbed by grey knights. and dont' have goood anti flyer. i kind of consider them both on par with eachother power wise, orks can be competative in the righ tbuidl so can tyranids btu they don't really get to choose fun units without suffereing for it.

Chapter-Master

Tyranids do better against Grey Knights than many expect, particularly with Shadow in the Warp and tarpit units galore in play. It depends on what kind of Grey Knights you face though of course.
    The main benefit for Tyranids against fliers is that they are one of the few armies that can reliably ignore them; no vehicles to be one-shotted, cover saves easily obtained, and so many models that they can limit where flyers move and shoot.
    Check out my blog!

First-Captain

I would be happy with 100 point carnifexes as elites again, or as an elite option.

Shrikes and flying swarms are provided on forge world. The special genestealers just require feeder tendril genestealers anyway.

The res I can see. It's kinda sad that they still don't have kits for those models. At least tervigons and tyranofexes got one.

Fly Lord

Via BoLS 8-12-2013

-Tyranids are after Space Marines
    -Look for them before the end of the year

New Minis:
    Tyranid Prime (finecast)

Harpy. Roughly size of the heldrake. Pretty much looks like the picture in prior codex.

Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)

Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)

Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)

Mycetic Spore

New "Big Bug" kit (Because every army needs one!)

New Rules:
    Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.

Hiveguard gain Skyfire
    via BoLS 8-13-2013

Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy. Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.

Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.

"BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I have a kitbashed Prime...

Spore Pod and Doom proxy

I've kit-bashed Warriors into Hive Guard

And even made my own Bastion

I'm not sure what they'll get out of me except a new Codex, too little too late. And if the latest rumour about the Big Bug is true I don't know why I would want to spend what will probably be considerably more than a Tervigon for something that is pretty much the same as a Tervigon.

Chapter-Master

Interesting, and id be surprised if they were before the end of the year...that would make 6 codex books in a single year (!) Wouldnt of believed updated troop sprues before, but after the new tactical squad, it seems possible now.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast