BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 130 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Grey Knights don't have Chaplains, nor, thanks to Brotherhood Champions, do they need them. And Chaplains suck anyways, it would probably be a waste of paper.
    Chaplain Durendin says hi. And a position based entirely around keeping the rites of the chapter and monitoring spiritual health seems rather like it should be essential to Grey Knights, who rely on purity and face the daemonic regularly. Brotherhood champions are bodyguards with swords.

FOC swaps are OK, but in limited amounts. When Draigo or Crowe means you can basically replace the normal troops with better versions, why even have normal troops? If it were one unit is troops per character, it would encourage more diversity than draigowing or purifier spam.

Librarian

not sure about the big bug hq thing, but I like the harpy rumours and the tyrant and hive guard thing. I am getting super excited that my codex is being update -squee-
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    not sure about the big bug hq thing, but I like the harpy rumours and the tyrant and hive guard thing. I am getting super excited that my codex is being update -squee-
    Don't be too excited. I am sure all these rumours are false. As a Tyranid player, I have been burned by all the Nid rumours, so I am really cynical now. Also how can we have rumours for Nids about 3 months away for a release while we are still getting rumours for Space Marines? In 6th editon we don't get rumours until about 4 weeks before release. So where were the SM rumours 3 months ago? Oh wait we didn't have any.

So for us to be getting rumours for Nids right now I find it bogus. If these rumours were in October then I would say they are believable. Now? They have to be false. I would love for them to be true, or some of them.

Just put a lot of salt when you are nom nom nomming right now :P
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chaplain

Oh, I don't know. The cost-increase to the Lictor is probably true! =P

I would love for it to be relevant again; is there any model that looks so bad-*** and integral to the fluff, yet consistently under preform on the table-top?

Give the pace of releases, it would not suprise me to see some of these rumors be factual. Do we know what is on the plate for September? A fantasy book I assume...

When something in the Codex is terrible, sometimes they tip the scale the other direction. Look at Warp Spiders for an example of that. Also, the new units are usually pretty hard to ignore. In all, I'd say the least likely thing would be a new even more giant bug, given that the Harpy is also on this list. My money is on something in the Elites slot, since there is a glaring need for a plastic kit there.

Lictor surprise ability?

More likely SURPRISE! the lictor still sucks and we increased its cost, both to buy and use, oh yeah and its mandatory...
    Last edited by z3n1st; 08-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n1st View Post
    Lictor surprise ability?

More likely SURPRISE the lector still sucks and we increased its cost, both to buy and use, oh yeah and its mandatory...
    Actually, when it says only snap shots can hit it the turn it arrives, that's actually really, really good. 6's to hit and then a cover save with bonus from stealth. In addition to this, since blasts and templates can't snap fire, they can't hit it!

Also, I seem to remember a set of rumors back in the spring that mentioned a spider-like psycher MC. It also mentioned carnifexes getting a big boost, and being able to be in both heavy support and elites slots, but with different options.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n1st View Post
    Lictor surprise ability?

More likely SURPRISE! the lictor still sucks and we increased its cost, both to buy and use, oh yeah and its mandatory...
    This. So what if they manage to survive being deployed - after that they can't venture out of terrain because they will still be instagibbed by S8 or medium fire torrent. They can't blink like Deathleaper, they have no jet packs and Fleet is nerfed into the ground. And once in combat they are fisted by the hidden power fist. They will be an expensive way to maybe contest a forward objective while taxing your anti-armour due to less Hive Guards on the field. Sounds like the rules will continue to be a shame on an awesome model.

Quote Originally Posted by N.I.B. View Post
    This. So what if they manage to survive being deployed - after that they can't venture out of terrain because they will still be instagibbed by S8 or medium fire torrent. They can't blink like Deathleaper, they have no jet packs and Fleet is nerfed into the ground. And once in combat they are fisted by the hidden power fist. They will be an expensive way to maybe contest a forward objective while taxing your anti-armour due to less Hive Guards on the field. Sounds like the rules will continue to be a shame on an awesome model.
    For one, we don't know what exactly the Lictor will do. It's all speculation at this point. Furthermore, 6th edition requires far fewer Hive Guard than the last edition did, because there are no more stupid AV11 parking lots of indestructible transports around. Some rumors even suggest an ability to expand the FO for Tyranids since they don't have Allies.

I would wager GW doesn't screw this up again. In 4th, you could only play Carnifexes; in 5th, you could only play Hive Guard. 6th edition has been nothing but codices full of options and different (and equally viable) builds. Even if every build isn't equally "competitive," they are fun.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Fly Lord

via BoLS 8-19-2013

Carnifex - significant cost reduction

Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.

New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.

Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.

Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 6 of 130 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast