BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Now does that mean ymgarls are getting gutted? or are lictors being awesome again?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Now does that mean ymgarls are getting gutted? or are lictors being awesome again?
    Seeing as how Ymgarls will be able to purchase upgrades akin to bog-standard 'Stealers, I doubt they are being "gutted." Expect a baseline points reduction for them too.

If Tyranids need anything in 6th - more than AA or whatever - it's the ability to run and assault, or assault the turn they arrive, etc. 6th is too shooter-friendly for Tyranids to remain slow and squishy.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Chaplain Durendin says hi.
    That's like mentioning JarJar to a Star Wars nerd. There's no real fluff regarding Chaplains, and as a unit they would serve absolutely no purpose in the actual armylist.

FOC swaps are OK, but in limited amounts. When Draigo or Crowe means you can basically replace the normal troops with better versions, why even have normal troops? If it were one unit is troops per character, it would encourage more diversity than draigowing or purifier spam.
    You're a little outdated, aren't you.

For one thing, Draigowing only ever really has a single unit of Paladins, because you can only afford a single unit of Paladins. Restricting it to one troop per character would be pointless. As for Purifier spam, that was a bandwagon from all the way back in 5th edition. The simple fact that Marines die so easily in 6th has pretty well limited the number of all-Purifier armies out there. Plus, Crowe is so terrible that you need to spam Purifiers to make them worth it. And even then, most lists still had some GKSS in them.

Grey Knights are an extremely diverse codex. In a time when everyone was running 5-man Marine units in Razorbacks and spamming Missile Devestators, there were half a dozen different, unique, competitive Grey Knight builds. There were and still are so many different ways you could run Grey Knights and be competitive, I really don't know what you're complaining about.

And all for what? So that you don't have to be jealous that Grey Knights have a flexible codex?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by doogansquest View Post
    If Tyranids need anything in 6th - more than AA or whatever - it's the ability to run and assault, or assault the turn they arrive, etc. 6th is too shooter-friendly for Tyranids to remain slow and squishy.
    Which, if these rumours are accurate would be what they JUST LOST!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

Does anybody know if Tyranid Warriors still be troops? I thought that to be the best reform of their most recent codex.

Chapter-Master

probably. Tyranid Warriors were troops back during 2nd Edition. Overall, 40k has been progressing toward a streamlined version of 2nd Edition, so I doubt they would switch that.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's like mentioning JarJar to a Star Wars nerd. There's no real fluff regarding Chaplains, and as a unit they would serve absolutely no purpose in the actual armylist.
    Eh, I'd take Jar Jar over more Troy Denning books at this point. And GK Chaplains would easily have their role if the Brother Champions didn't arbitrarily get a version of litanies of hate. Bring back the Chaplain, move the Champion to either Elites or make him a leader for an honor guard unit. And pretending the GK Omnibus is not "real" fluff is just denial.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You're a little outdated, aren't you.

For one thing, Draigowing only ever really has a single unit of Paladins, because you can only afford a single unit of Paladins. Restricting it to one troop per character would be pointless. As for Purifier spam, that was a bandwagon from all the way back in 5th edition. The simple fact that Marines die so easily in 6th has pretty well limited the number of all-Purifier armies out there. Plus, Crowe is so terrible that you need to spam Purifiers to make them worth it. And even then, most lists still had some GKSS in them.

Grey Knights are an extremely diverse codex. In a time when everyone was running 5-man Marine units in Razorbacks and spamming Missile Devestators, there were half a dozen different, unique, competitive Grey Knight builds. There were and still are so many different ways you could run Grey Knights and be competitive, I really don't know what you're complaining about.

And all for what? So that you don't have to be jealous that Grey Knights have a flexible codex?
    Thank you for the polite condescension. I guess starting 40K with some GK models and Codex Daemonhunters does make me a bit outdated when it comes to their rules and fluff. When Paladins are a 1+ unit size, and kill points being far less common now, small units of 1-3 Paladins who can threaten objectives is rather handy. But if restricting it is pointless, why worry about it?

I agree that GK had a number of builds (many overpowered) out there. I personally ran an air cav list with a pair of storm ravens in 5th. DCA in land raiders with grenade caddys and librarians was popular locally as well, as was Draigowing and Purifier spam and even Strike Squad silver horde.

It's not jealousy of flexability, just opposed to global FOC swaps like what Draigo and Crowe do are a problem for the FOC system in general. Why run Strike Squads when for the cost of the Crowe tax (and filling up your mandatory HQ) you can take Purifiers as troops, who are only a point more with halberds and can take twice as many psycannons per unit? I'm for scaling back most FOC shifting options, especially global ones.

But the topic is Tyranids.
    Warriors will likely remain troops. Now if they expand them to have a Heavy Support version somehow, you could fill up a FOC entirely with Warrior models.

Warriors will likely remain troops. Now if they expand them to have a Heavy Support version somehow, you could fill up a FOC entirely with Warrior models.
    Rumor has it they have the option of being upgrade characters for 'gant troops. May not pan out, but it would be interesting to have hidden boneswords in termagant/hormagaunt choices. Not to mention the extra synapse.

Given the precedent set by eldar I don't think its too far fetched to see the 'Nid special rule be run then assault. Give them unparalleled close combat threat range. Beasts+fleet+runcharge=scary nid swarm that can potentially headbutt you from 30 inches away.

Fly Lord

via BoLS 8-21-2013
    Tyranids will get a massive overhaul with Psychic powers. Look for many new non-overt force powers that represent the chilling, horrific, warp-stifling power of the Hive-mind.

Aside from a few old chesnuts, look for almost all new Tyranid enhancing abilities, and other new chilling and damping abilities to use on enemies of reflect the horror, hopelessness, and dread of fighting the swarms under the psychic interference of the hivemind.

Look for concepts such as dampened psychics for opponents mixed with bio-enhancement powers to bolster the swarms.

Shadow in the Warp will remain in the codex, but receive a controversial overhaul.

More existing units will have the option of manifesting Psychic powers.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast