BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Personally I think playing centurions as "broadsides" wastes their potential, they have relentless and limited range, walk em up in the battle line as a support unit to kill targets that threaten your other units. With grav amps and their huricane/ML setup centrurions are a danger to every target on the field be it light infantry, heavy infantry, MC's or vehicles. even better than oblits they aren't forced to premeditate each turn what target they want to engage next turn and act accordingly. They have no invul sure but with readily available cover that is not as much of an issue, furthermore their lack of powerfists is not a major drawback as they don't need to win or die in combat due to ATSKNF, not to mention oblits should never be in combat.

as to the assualt version, those are straight up better than mutilators in almost everyway, they have good delivery options that muti's can't get, they have a higher base T and better weapon loadout, they have special weapons to engage the enemy before charging, they aren't locked into alternating between good CC weapons and Bad CC weapons like oblits, and they strike at I with their stupid siege weapons.

edlargal, hmm yes I would say that wraithlords can fill a similar roll in the eldar army to obliterators, thats not a bad thing. The wraithlord however is vastly different in terms of stats, wargear, and rules. whereas centurions really do seem to me to basically be imperial oblits/mutis, right down to their size and wound bracket.
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-16-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

No new rumours about which Codex Supplement will be released in October (if any) or whether the Farsight Enclave will be available in Hardback copy ?

Librarian

Farsight enclave has been confirmed for October release for a while now, think it said so when they released the electronic one...

Fly Lord

OP updated - Nid info.

Tyranid Supplements Reported
    Hivefleet (Big Bugs - not real title 2014)
    Focuses on Monstrous Creatures. Book adds variant rules for deployment and FOC changes for units like the Carnifex, letting you take them in both Heavy and Elites, plus the ability to operate independently. Hivefleet balances this with some prohibited units, and the inability to go first in any mission.

Hivefleet (Fast Bugs - not real title ???)
    Focuses on high speed fast-moving bugs. FOC changes to emphasize these units such as Gargoyles as Troops, new abilities and special rules for Ravenors, while Gants get minor enhancements as well. This hivefleet is balanced by prohibiting "traditional" walking Monstrous Creatures. A new flying HQ unit is included.

Genestealer Cult (???)
    The first "hybrid supplement" - this book will be a combined book for IG and Tyranids. It allows them to ally, but heavily restricts units selections. Look for smaller "infiltration bugs" such as Genestealers, Broodlords, Lictors and such while the Guard are very heavily restricted on units. The list's HQ must include a psyker warlord from either the IG or Tyranid units allowed. A new psychic power list is included.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

I want the cult list so bad, I just don't think we'll get it.

I agree.. I would KILL for a Cult list!!

Brother-Captain

You can ALMOST do it with guard;
    Straken as Patrirach
    Psycher as Magos
    Penal Legion as hybrid mutants
    Ogryns as big hybrids

But no purestrains, which makes me a sad panda.
    It needs doing.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

take rough riders with khan as the purestrain.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

Never thought of that!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post

Genestealer Cult (???)
    The first "hybrid supplement" - this book will be a combined book for IG and Tyranids. It allows them to ally, but heavily restricts units selections. Look for smaller "infiltration bugs" such as Genestealers, Broodlords, Lictors and such while the Guard are very heavily restricted on units. The list's HQ must include a psyker warlord from either the IG or Tyranid units allowed. A new psychic power list is included.
    I call BS on this. BUT we may see the Cult in that rumoured Allies Supplement....

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast