BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Via Dakka Dakka
    - There will be 4 supplements released within short succession, possibly even all at once
    - They will be called "The Book of Khorne", "The Book of Nurgle", "The Book of Tzeentch" and "The Book of Slanesh"
    - They will work for both chaos space marines AND chaos Daemons in a very unique way
    - each will have its own unique warlord traits and some new wargear options

I asked how they work for both codex and the example I was given was something along these lines..
    Each book is designed to represent a combined force of daemon and marine all working in the will of their chosen patron, this will be done by allowing players to take units from BOTH Codex: Chaos Space Marines AND Codex: Chaos Daemons without the need to ally so long as they all follow the same god. For example in the book of khorne you can take any unit from either codex as long as it doesnt have Daemon of nurgle, slaanesh or tzeentch or mark of nurgle, slaanesh or Tzeentch.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Shas'o

Mother of god...
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Instead of doing all these supplements how about we update ALL the codecies for 6th edition first?

Quote Originally Posted by tremere47 View Post
    Instead of doing all these supplements how about we update ALL the codecies for 6th edition first?
    I sincerely doubt the supplements are taking time away from codexes. They don't have a corresponding model release, their physical release as hardbacks is delayed, the rules they do contain are very simple, they're in time slots not normally occupied by a codex etc.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I sincerely doubt the supplements are taking time away from codexes. They don't have a corresponding model release, their physical release as hardbacks is delayed, the rules they do contain are very simple, they're in time slots not normally occupied by a codex etc.
    indeed plus if nids are this year, we'll of had 7 out of 15 Codex books updated allready. It'll hardly be a long wait if it keeps up at this rate.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by tremere47 View Post
    unless you play sisters i don't know how anyone can complain about the codex release scheduled the oldest dex is orks from 2008 witch wile long in the tooth is with in the 5 year window for codex replacement and is rumored to be redone next year.

Fly Lord

Via Faeit 9-14-2014
    Chaos Space Marines are getting supplements for all of the major traitor legions.

These will be more and more complex as time goes on (as will all supplements) and are ordered based around how much they affect the game/core codex, and not based on anything else primarily.

World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Night Lords will all get their due treatment and be fleshed out into characterful factions.

Keep in mind that though mono-god Legions are coming, it's very much so desired by essentially everyone, but it's being handled carefully.

Warzones however we're going to start seeing a lot more of, which will coincide with codex launches or between them to bridge codexes together (expect one for Tyranids and Ultramarines).

Also, despite being in the core codex, Space Marines will also be seeing Chapter Supplements to help deviate them farther.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Sounds interesting!

Any rough release dates for those CSM supplements?

Veteran-Sergeant

This sounds AMAZING. where the hell is my salt?
    I would hope to see entries for some of the FW figs, maybe, or some 'convert-a-model' units. I'm kindof on the fence when it comes to the GW rule of 'a model for every entry' that seems to have popped up as of late.

Fly Lord

I WANT to believe, and I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Traitor Legion books are just free money for GW.

I for one can't believe they didn't just do the CSM book with the exact layout of the SM one - with that same type of system for each Traitor Legion. It would have been so easy.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast