BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Ogre Riding a Dragon? Sure why not.... Suggestions Requested

Ogre Riding a Dragon? Sure why not.... Suggestions Requested

I have been working on this guys for the past few days. I had an old Gauth Reaper Dragon laying around that I thought was perfect scale for Fantasy. I decided to convert it for use with my Ogre Kingdoms Army. I guess as one of the dragons from Storm of Magic. Below are some pics as I was building it up until I recently primed the model.

Started by adding the rider. I was torn to do a tyrant or a caster, but I decided in the end to do more of a tamer/rider. I added the reigns tied to the horn of the dragon. To fill out the base better, I added some gnoblars directing the dragon. One in the back prodding with a stick and one in the front yelling at him to attack. The one on the column looked a little funny up on a tall column, so I added a rope tied to a stake for how he got up top. The back of the model between the wings and the back of the rider looked bare, so I added in the barrels. I used some GF9 rope to make it look like it was ties to the seat. Then finally I added a few of the arrows from the Giant kit as if he had been attacked in the air.

Any thoughts on further converting before painting? I thought about putting some holes on the wings?

Also what color do you think it should be? I thought fire at first but that may be too obvious. What type of dragon do you think Ogres would pal around with?

That's actually very cool.

I'm not entirely sure about the barrels, they don't "feel" right, somehow.

As for the reins, I feel like Ogres would attach them directly to/through the dragon's flesh -- they're not known for their compassion for, well, anyone, even other Ogres.

I realised what bugs me about the barrels. I don't think Ogres would just carry booze, maybe replace one with food/weapons/a bag/supplies etc.

I think maybe one of the cannons from the Leadbelchers kit would look nice ...

Why not combine the two? Grab a leadbelcher cannon and have it overflowing with booze...

Veteran-Sergeant

To make it even more over the top, I'd add a gnoblar firing a cannon from the shoulder of the ogre.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork