BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

I don't think you've gone too far with the yellow. Vary it between squad if you want. the overall scheme is effective. individual models can quite easily go one way or another in it and still fit the scheme...
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 07-11-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: missed the word think which changes everything.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I kinda agree, it goes from yellow to red a shade too quick, needs a bit more orange in the middle.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I kinda agree, it goes from yellow to red a shade too quick, needs a bit more orange in the middle.
    maybe use a red glaze to smooth the transition?
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chapter-Master

Cheers guys. I think with the more closed stances of the tactical marines, you don't see the transition so well, so will add in more orange to the 'finished' guys, and use slightly less yellow in future.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Picture time!

More Orange, more bases

Just a few millimetres more on the orange (or less of the yellow if you are of that mind) certainly helped the overall look of the models. Having proper bases did wonders too.

Chapter-Master

I've also worked on some more minis to fill out the squad to 10 models, keeping with the theme of shortened weapons (great for siege warfare, supposedly the Chapters speciality)

Who needs a melta for getting through bulkheads when you can have a short-barrelled Lascannon? Frees up the special weapon slot for a Flamere to wreak havoc in the confined spaces of fortresses etc.

Chapter-Master

Hey folks. Not much of an update, but felt it was worth showing you where I plan on going with these guys a bit.

The ultimate aim would be to be able to field a full chapter of the Brotherhood of Fire... That is a hella long way off though! I am pretty close to fielding a Battle Company and First company though, so I'll concentrate on those first. Speaking of which;

This is the makings of said battle company. At the very top is one full devastator squad with Missile Launchers; they've even inherited the Sergeant in my above posts with the hammer head backpack. To their right is 3 Plasma cannons who will form the core of the next devastator squad. They will also get the Plasma cannon from the Dark Vengeance box, as well as filling up to 10 men.

Below them are the two assault squads; one has the full ten men, as well as jump packs, two plasma pistols and a sergeant with a third. The second squad has a pair of flamers and no jump packs. Fitting the theme of being a siege legion, they eschewed the bulky packs in favour of a rhino to get them up to a break in the walls created by vindicators, allowing them to fight more effectively in the tight confines of fortresses.

then there are 5 of the 6 tactical squads. the sixth will be made of the rest of the Dark vengeance squad. You may also be able to see the metal sergeant in amongst the part finished marine squad, taking over from the hammer head pack sergeant. Lastly, at the bottom are spare models and the command squad essentials (apothecary, champion, banner bearer). I still need to add a captain and chaplain in to this group to actually complete the company, as well as a trio of dreadnoughts, but i have plenty of options for all of those to chose from. For now, this photo acts as a shopping list for what i still need to buy. I do have a few other marines, particularly with heavy or special weapons, but many are showing significant signs of age/damage, so may not ever make it back to the table top as models in their own right.

Although I have laid them out in squads, they will probably move about and get reordered before I give them proper squad markings. otherwise i'll end up with all beginner box/damaged models in one squad, and full new model in others. I'd prefer a mix of styles and armour marks through out (partly to disguise some of the older bits...)

So, a long way to go. And that's without looking at the first company, which is about as complete, but far less painted!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123