BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Your favourite 6th Ed rule.

Nothing too taxing!

With 6th Ed rapidly approaching its 1st birthday, I fancied a froth about the new rules it introduced.

For me, it has to be Hammer of Wrath.

Visually it's awesome! After all, most units capable of doing are pretty heavy! Even the humble Assault Marine? When one of them lands on you, you're going to feel it! Lovely stuff!

And you?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

6th is by far my favorite incarnation of 40K that uses the 3rd Ed engine, and even tussles with 2nd Ed for my favorite overall so there's quite a few. If I had to pick, tho, it's probably snap shots. Great way to make heavy weapons on infantry much more flexible, as well as a solid method to do modifiers-without-modifiers for situations in which hitting something shouldn't be impossible, but much more difficult than normal.

I would say that my favourite 6th edition 40k rule is SMASH! (for mainly monstrous creatures) for two reasons.
    A) The name, implying that anything on the wrong side of it is going to get damaged or destroyed
    B) Monstrous creatures being able to get S10, to insta-kill most enemy characters or beat up vehicles.

Snap shots are rather awesome, and have definitely revolutionised the game, especially when combined with over watch, which has seen the long overdue demise of CC Steamroller armies.

Plus, they've given vehicles a better role, as slim chance is better than no chance!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd have to say hull points. Nothing more frustrating than getting 2 or 3 penetrating shots only to roll 1's and 2's or even 3's for weapon destroyed. I say this even though I play Imperial Guard and love putting plenty of Leman Russ', Chimera's and Valkyries on the table. I know a lot of people have complained about this but I feel like it reflects cumulative damage a little better than the old rules.

In terms of hull points, I think they just need to ramp them up. I play Necrons, and I can Gauss the heaviest vehicles into the dirt all too easily.

Double them up (yeah, seriously!) and things improve

But yeah. Nice little innovation.

First-Captain

It used to be wall of fire. It made Flammers of Tzeentch unchargeable. Now Wraithguard with D-Sycthes can take advantage of it.

Also rage. It really helps out tyranid who are feeders. Being out of synapse gives you +2 attacks on th charge.

Chapter-Master

As a CSM player, I first of all thought of allies - bringing my mono-daemons back. But then I thought of all the nobbers with cron air + nob bikers and retracted that. Most useful for me at the mo? Vector Strike. Most cinematic? Throwing grenades. I love watching people chuck krak at fliers, almost like some schwarznegger film when you get a 6 and bang - its in the intake!

Second most annoying after a poorly thought out allies matrix? LOS-A.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    It used to be wall of fire. It made Flammers of Tzeentch unchargeable. Now Wraithguard with D-Sycthes can take advantage of it.

Also rage. It really helps out tyranid who are feeders. Being out of synapse gives you +2 attacks on th charge.
    If I still had my Tyranids, I think I'd be experimenting with letting them off the lead. Shrikes would be useful. Keep Synpase until in range, then nick off and let the gribblies gribble their merry way!

Perhaps when they get a new book!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    In terms of hull points, I think they just need to ramp them up. I play Necrons, and I can Gauss the heaviest vehicles into the dirt all too easily.

Double them up (yeah, seriously!) and things improve
    Honestly, I'd rather just see the Gauss rule revisited in some way. Aside from that quirk, Hull Points work pretty well as-is. Maybe a bump of one across the board is warranted, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    As a CSM player, I first of all thought of allies
    Wasn't really thinking of allies as a "rule" per se - can I change my answer?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast