BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Broadside Questions?

1. The broadside can take a seeker missile. Multi Tracker allows for two weapons to be fired. The Seeker Missile allows fo vehicles to fire it in addition to it's normal shooting. I do not see anywhere this would apply to the broadside.

My question is can a Broadside fire it's railgun, smart missles, and a seeker missles or it can fire a seeker missle and one other system?

2. If the boradside does not have skyfire and fires a seeker missile at a flyer it is at bs 1 instead of 5. Also can you use marker lights to improve the bs of a seeker missile. I think the missile will be bs 1 and you can't improve on it. I am debating on skyfire and seekers on broadsides.

3. Also if you fire over watch is it two weapons or one. The multi allows for an additional weapon to be fired in the shooting phase and it looks like it would be one weapon instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    1. The broadside can take a seeker missile. Multi Tracker allows for two weapons to be fired. The Seeker Missile allows fo vehicles to fire it in addition to it's normal shooting. I do not see anywhere this would apply to the broadside.

My question is can a Broadside fire it's railgun, smart missles, and a seeker missles or it can fire a seeker missle and one other system?
    Firing a seeker missile counts as firing a weapon, so it's seeker missile and one other system.

2. If the boradside does not have skyfire and fires a seeker missile at a flyer it is at bs 1 instead of 5. Also can you use marker lights to improve the bs of a seeker missile. I think the missile will be bs 1 and you can't improve on it. I am debating on skyfire and seekers on broadsides.
    It would have to Snap Fire, yes. GW's FAQs have been very consistent that the Snap Fire rules are not incidentally overridden by rules that specify a BS. Snap Fire (and by extension, Hard to Hit) is only overridden if it is explicitly overridden.

3. Also if you fire over watch is it two weapons or one. The multi allows for an additional weapon to be fired in the shooting phase and it looks like it would be one weapon instead of two.
    You're correct - "in the Shooting phase" means in the Shooting phase. A multi-tracker doesn't let you Overwatch with two weapons.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Firing a seeker missile counts as firing a weapon, so it's seeker missile and one other system.

It would have to Snap Fire, yes. GW's FAQs have been very consistent that the Snap Fire rules are not incidentally overridden by rules that specify a BS. Snap Fire (and by extension, Hard to Hit) is only overridden if it is explicitly overridden.

You're correct - "in the Shooting phase" means in the Shooting phase. A multi-tracker doesn't let you Overwatch with two weapons.
    I meant to edit. I just re read seeker and for #1 it would be able to do all 3. It says it doesn't count as an extra weapon.

Seekers are fired by the vehicle now, not the unit laying the markerlight. What are you seeing that suggests otherwise?

First-Captain

Seekers are fired by the vehicle now, not the unit laying the markerlight. What are you seeing that suggests otherwise?
    Broadsides can take seeker missiles. The model with the seeker missile have to fire them. I am in the bathtub, but can qoute when I come out.

Sorry, I wasn't focused on "vehicle" vs. Broadsides. I know that Broadsides can take seeker missiles. My question is, what you are looking at that suggests that the Broadside can fire a seeker missile without counting as firing a weapon?

First-Captain

Pg. 68

" for each markerlight counter expended on this ability, the unit immediately fires a single seeker missile(if it has one) in addition to any other weapons it is permitted to fire. A seeker missile fired this way:

- Does not reduce the number of weapons a vehicle can fire at it's full Ballistic Skill."

Lol. I was right the first time. The second read I missed vehicle. Disregard. Drinking and reading don't mix.

Sorry, I wasn't focused on "vehicle" vs. Broadsides. I know that Broadsides can take seeker missiles. My question is, what you are looking at that suggests that the Broadside can fire a seeker missile without counting as firing a weapon?
    "For each markerlight counter expended on this ability,the unit immediately fires a single seeker missile (if it has one) in addition to any other weapons it is permitted to fire."

As for firing at a flyer : "Is resolved at Ballistic Skill 5." pretty much covers what BS you use v any target. Of course the Markerlight itself has to fire as a snap shot so I don't think you have to double dip by having a snap shot followed by another snap shot.
    If you fire the Seeker without using a markerlight however it would be a snap shot.

Brother-Captain

Pg. 68

" for each markerlight counter expended on this ability, the unit immediately fires a single seeker missile(if it has one) in addition to any other weapons it is permitted to fire. A seeker missile fired this way:

- Does not reduce the number of weapons a vehicle can fire at it's full Ballistic Skill."

Lol. I was right the first time. The second read I missed vehicle. Disregard. Drinking and reading don't mix.
    That's just talking about the fact that a vehicle would otherwise have to Snap-Fire another of its weapons for each missile fired.

So yes, if a Broadside fires a Seeker Missile using a Markerlight counter it can fire both of its other weapons as normal, but not if it fires it manually without a Markerlight counter.

Also, manually firing a Seeker Missile at a flyer would be BS1, but I believe it's BS5 if you use a Markerlight counter to fire it. You would have to hit with the Markerlight at BS1 first though.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    That's just talking about the fact that a vehicle would otherwise have to Snap-Fire another of its weapons for each missile fired.

So yes, if a Broadside fires a Seeker Missile using a Markerlight counter it can fire both of its other weapons as normal, but not if it fires it manually without a Markerlight counter.

Also, manually firing a Seeker Missile at a flyer would be BS1, but I believe it's BS5 if you use a Markerlight counter to fire it. You would have to hit with the Markerlight at BS1 first though.
    It would be messed up to have double bs 1 to hit the flyer. I still don't see it being bs 5 hitting te flyer since the missle nor braodside have skyfire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast