BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The whole "expending a markerlight token to launch a seeker missle" interrs that the model is in fact not shooting the seeker missle itself, but allowing the lazer lock guidence system guide the missle to the target.

Thus is fires at the BS 5 stated in the ability.

The model itself has to snap shot, but he isnt doing so for the seeker missle. He's expending the markerlight token to let the seeker missle go do its thing.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Broussard View Post
    The whole "expending a markerlight token to launch a seeker missle" interrs that the model is in fact not shooting the seeker missle itself, but allowing the lazer lock guidence system guide the missle to the target.

Thus is fires at the BS 5 stated in the ability.

The model itself has to snap shot, but he isnt doing so for the seeker missle. He's expending the markerlight token to let the seeker missle go do its thing.
    I would like it to do that, but I have to read a bit more to justlfy it doing that. I do think it's sill if you have to go through two snap shots.

How's this ?

Pinpoint alters the BS Skill of a Snap Shot and ergo the BS you use when firing at a Flyer so the precedent is set that the Seeker missile can also have it's BS altered when firing a snap shot, to BS 5 in this case.

its a cost and effect thing.

You can pay markerlight tokens to improve BS for the whole squad by 1 per token, or you can pay the token to improve a single weapons BS, up to 5 for the seeker missle in this case.

If someone pulls the "its bs 5 but still snap firing" schtick, you just counter that with the fact that the broadside isnt firing the seeker missle as a weapon, its using an ability with a cost, akin to burning a faith token like the SoB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12