BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

That's amazing, I recall an article, maybe on BoLS or From the Warp ages ago that was discussing the way things were being painted and how the 'eavy metal way of doing things had started to be replicated across the board with some many armies ending up looking the same. I specifically referred to painting things in a style, that it would be a brave individual who brought out a Sin City style army, all monochrome with extreme highlights etc. The referenced another painterly style but as I think about it now I think you've achieved what they were getting at. I hope you can replicate the same effect across the entire army, I absolutely love it. Could you imagine if they were all lit from the same side and positioned you could recreate one of those old battle paintings, y'know the sort GW uses for inspiration themselves

Just replace the guys with daemons

Chaplain

MAGNIFICENT. To get something to look that gutter-ing and gloomy, all while under photo-lights against a white background...just glorious! Keep em coming.

Thanks all, just need to figure out how to comibine NMM with the OSL and he'll be done - keeping the remaining colours very dark to emphasise the lighting.

Here are some more khorne doggies, I was in Warhammer world and picked up some heresy marines. My centrepiece is going to be an an'grathh versus sanguinius piece (see the cover of fear to tread) so a bit of heresy stuff fits.

My first finished model. Going to have to speed up a bit but it's too hot to paint, but not to convert in my living room.

The back is a little dull but I can live with it.

Can this be converted into a bloodthirster?

Librarian

Possibly. Replace the weapon with an axe and armour up the legs and arms.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

WIP warp rift aegis line/terrain - Quad gun o/s I'm thinking a standing bloodcrusher/daemon prince with a forgefiend minigun.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    WIP warp rift aegis line/terrain - Quad gun o/s I'm thinking a standing bloodcrusher/daemon prince with a forgefiend minigun.

That's awesome, I can see that being stiff competition for best Fortification at Warhammer World

Chaplain

Hahah. Those are great. It's certainly a unique take on the ADL! Keep them coming.

Fly Lord

Isotope, that Aegis line for Daemons is truly inspired. I'd love to see that as a tutorial on the frontpage. Take notes!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Will do boss, just got distracted by the new shiny and my first super-size bloodthirster (I have another one in the works)

On a par with the wraithknight

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast