BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Drone Controller Question?

1. If the controller have skyfire, not saying the skyfire is tranferable, and fires at a flyers. The controller have two marker drones for example. Would the drones fire at the controller's bs or would they get the contoller's bs bonus and would be forced to fire snap shots.

2. Same as above, but in this case the drone controller bearer can fire overwatch at bs 2 instead of one. Whould the drones fire at bs 2 or at bs 1 via snap shots.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    1. If the controller have skyfire, not saying the skyfire is tranferable, and fires at a flyers. The controller have two marker drones for example. Would the drones fire at the controller's bs or would they get the contoller's bs bonus and would be forced to fire snap shots.

2. Same as above, but in this case the drone controller bearer can fire overwatch at bs 2 instead of one. Whould the drones fire at bs 2 or at bs 1 via snap shots.
    Skyfire effects individual models, not units.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Skyfire effects individual models, not units.
    1. If the controller have skyfire, not saying the skyfire is tranferable , and fires at a flyers. The controller have two marker drones for example. Would the drones fire at the controller's bs or would they get the contoller's bs bonus and would be forced to fire snap shots.

Let's try this again.

Crisis Suit with drone controller and sky fire shoots at a flyer. I am not saying the drones have shyfire. Repeat drones do not have skyfire. One more time, never said they had skyfire. the crisissuit have two drones. For those who do not know what drone controller does. The drone controller gives the drones the bs of the drone controller operator, so if the crisis suit have bs 5 the drones will too.

Anyway the drones fire at the flyer. Will they......

A. Fire at the same bs of the drone controller or
    B. Will get their bs buffed to 5 and than only fire snap shots.

Saying that only one model have skyfire is not answering the question. If I said they had skyfire I would had said so and surly wouldn't had mentioned snap shots.

I would had said would the unit have skyfire. Heck I wouldn't be posting the question since I already know the answer to that when I said skyfire is not transferable to begin with.

B. Will get their bs buffed to 5 and than only fire snap shots.
    This. Snap Shots do not modify your BS. A BS5 model that takes a Snap Shot is still BS5, even though the shot is resolved at BS1. So the drones, with their BS5, will resolve their Snap Shots at BS1.

Chapter-Master

I am not sure what the question here was... the rule was quite clear on what to do.

I'm with Nabterayl. The drone controller only confers the ballistic skill characteristic, not the skyfire ability. So the drones would be BS 5 just like the Commander Crisis Suit, but since the drones do not have Skyfire they end up having to take snap shots.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I'm with Nabterayl. The drone controller only confers the ballistic skill characteristic, not the skyfire ability. So the drones would be BS 5 just like the Commander Crisis Suit, but since the drones do not have Skyfire they end up having to take snap shots.
    How many times I have to say they do not have skyfire. Let me break it down a bit more.

1. Commander with skyfire and drone controller fires at a flyer.
    2. Drones fire at flyer, but would suffer snap shots due to not having skyfire.
    3. Would they fire at the commander's bs anyway since they have skyfire.

I like Nab answer since I thought snap shots lowered to bs 1. If they don't lower to bs 1 than that make a huge differance and they will fire at bs 1 no matter what the bs they have. If they always have the bs of the controller and the bs was lowered to 1 than they wil still have bs 5.

Another instance is what if the commander have target lock and fire at a flyer. In this case he will have bs 1 which will lower the drones to one. Meaning even though they are firing at a differant target that is not a flyer they will fire at bs 1. However if snap shots is at bs 1 and doesn't change to bs1 the drones will fire at bs 5 instead.

For the 10th time no one is saying the commander is giving the drones skyfire. What is said is the drones will have the same bs of the drone controller bearer. If I lowered or raise just the bs of the controller it will impact the drones as well.

It matters in some cases. Which is why I am trying to figure it out. I already know it's no, but I want to hear better answers to the why part. Knowing and explaining are two differant things.

I always thought snap fired lowered bs which if it doesn't changes a lot. Also even though the controller can snap shot at 2 that would mean the drones will still snap shot at bs one.

Chapter-Master

How many times I have to say they do not have skyfire. Let me break it down a bit more.

1. Commander with skyfire and drone controller fires at a flyer.
    2. Drones fire at flyer, but would suffer snap shots due to not having skyfire.

I like Nab answer since I thought snap shots lowered to bs 1. If they don't lower to bs 1 than that make a huge differance and they will fire at bs 1 no matter what the bs they have. If they always have the bs of the controller and the bs was lowered to 1 than they wil still have bs 5.

Another instance is what if the commander have target lock and fire at a flyer. In this case he will have bs 1 which will lower the drones to one. Meaning even though they are firing at a differant target that is not a flyer they will fire at bs 1. However if snap shots is at bs 1 and doesn't change to bs1 the drones will fire at bs 5 instead.

For the 10th time no one is saying the commander is giving the drones skyfire. What is said is the drones will have the same bs of the drone controller bearer. If I lowered or raise just the bs of the controller it will impact the drones as well.

It matters in some cases. Which is why I am trying to figure it out. I already know it's no, but I want to hear better answers to the why part. Knowing and explaining are two differant things.

I always thought snap fired lowered bs which if it doesn't changes a lot. Also even though the controller can snap shot at 2 that would mean the drones will still snap shot at bs one.
    Again, I don't know what you are asking. You are just repeating the rules here.

Chapter-Master

Nab's right. They Snap Fire.

WTF?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Nab's right. They Snap Fire.

WTF?
    Lol. Meant to say the bearer had skyfire and not the drones. Originally I didn't say that. I re looked at the snap fire rules which doesn't lower bs, but treats bs as 1 when making snap shots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast