BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did I read all of this backawards? So we are asking if someone can fire a barage weapon from inside a vehicle to hits omeone else to which there is no LOS (i.e. no fire points)? And not as I intially and clearly misread that we are talking about hitting people inside a vehicle with one?

You did. The question is whether a barrage weapon can be fired through a fire point at a target to which the fire point has no LOS. The consensus so far (to which I subscribe) is yes.

Oh yeah... it is yes by the RAW certainly. I clearly need to pay more attention. I have no idea why I read it as if someone was asking if they could target people inside buildings if there was a fire port.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    No, you can't. Buildings are treated as vehicles. Just as you cannot hit people inside a vehicle, you cannot hit them inside a building. The only excepting being flamer templates which are given a specific rule which allows them to do so.
    Reading Comp Fail! Check out the question!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    In real life, rockets have a large, potentially lethal, backblast, meaning you can't fire them in enclosed spaces. As realistic as it would be, making a rule for that would be kind of dumb.
    Not the new At4 CS with the sal****er discs at the back, the sal****er absorbs the backblast.

But more importanly neither do mortars, which are barrage weapons.

edit: Stupid stupid sensor doesn't understand SALT WATER is one word
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-27-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Mortars would tend to try to shoot through the roof, they fire at about 45 to 80 degrees elevation.

You'd need to be basically hanging right out of the window. Being muzzle loaded will not help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    if someone was asking if they could target people inside buildings if there was a fire port.
    In certain cases you kind of can. Grenades for example.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Not the new At4 CS with the sal****er discs at the back, the sal****er absorbs the backblast.

But more importanly neither do mortars, which are barrage weapons.

edit: Stupid stupid sensor doesn't understand SALT WATER is one word
    I've heard stories about poorly trained insurgents trying to do drive-bys with RPGs, but didn't roll down the windows in their vehicles and did more damage to themselves as a result.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Oh back blast exists, But modern weapons are being developed that do not suffer from it, such as the SAAB AT4 CS. For example the yanks recently stopped buying the cheaper AT4's in favour of only buying the CS version because the CS version uses a sal****er disc at the rear to absorb the energy of the back blast, meaning it can be used in close environments without endangering the firer or those around them.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12