BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Rules via [URL="http://kiwihammer.co.nz/new-dark-elf-rulesinfo-from-the-wd/"]Kiwi Hammer[/URL].

New Releases

All of the new models look great
    The DE Army book is written by Matt Ward
    The largest dual kit is the Cauldron of Blood which allows you to make either a Cauldron of Blood or a Bloodwrack Medusa. You can also use this kit to make the special character Crone Hellebron.
    The next dual kit is Witch Elves and the Sisters of Slaughter – Sisters of Slaughter are apparently the lost daughters of fallen noble houses and look great.
    The new DE Core box allows you to make your warriors with Spears, Swords and Shields or Repeater Cross-bows.
    The Dual Hydra/Kharibdyss kit looks pretty good, there are pictures of the Hydra with different paint schemes that actually look a lot better than the leaked photo we’ve already seen.
    The Special Character Shadowblade is a single pose figure that will come in a clampack
    There is a Lore of Dark Magic Card set being released.

Army Special Rules/Points Cost

Dark Elves now have the armywide special rule of ASF (unsure if this will apply to monsters/cold ones)
    Dark Elves also have Hatred but presumably only in the first round
    Black Guard have eternal hatred
    New Rule called murderous prowess allows Dark Elves to re-roll 1′s to wound. Unsure if this will extend to shooting and magic.
    There is a new Beastmaster Lord Level Character which costs 300 points when naked on a Manticore
    Witch Elves are core and 11 points per model. They can also take magical banners.
    A unit of 30 Spear Elves and of 30 Xbow Elves with Full command costs 390 points. Unsure what options were used but that means the warriors were 12 points per model.
    A DE Sorceress Hero looks to be 80 points
    Cauldrons of Blood still come out of Hero slots and look to have increased in points. They can join units and one of their powers allows a unit to re-roll to wound. In the Batrep a unit with a Cauldron and this buff up deletes a unit of Sobunz.
    Bloodwrack Medusas are rare and have a shooting attack called Bloodwrack Stare. Not sure what it does
    Hydras can now regain wounds in a manner similar to the Slann with the regen power of the old ones. They are now 180 points, have monster+handler but have to buy their breath weapon.
    Lore of Dark Magic – The attribute is called spiteful conjuration and does extra wounds to enemies that have spells cast on them. Unsure of how the mechanic works but could be similar to Tz lore attribute?
    Lore of Dark Magic – Only spell mentioned is called Word of Pain and it reduces WS/BS/I
    A Dreadlord with Heavy Armour and a Shield on a Black Dragon costs 449 points.
    Cold Ones are 30 points and have 2 Attacks, unsure if the cold ones themselves have ASF
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

supprised that [URL="http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=177534&st=400"]these[/URL] haven't made their way to the thread

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dude. Rumours are rumours.

Unless you've seen the book, you don't know the points values. If this guy is extrapolating from WD, he's likely done it wrong.

Or it's all pulled from his botty.
    Given they don't print points costs in the battle reports these days I'd be amazed if this was extrapolation from there. 11 points for spearmen seems reasonable enough, especially if they get all those buffs. There is no way they should only be a point more expensive than empire spearmen as they currently are. Cheaper than witches makes sense given that witches have no armour. I personally don't buy ASF and hatred, as other have pointed out, ASF cancels hatred against anything that isn't an elf. If they do that, most likely it's only against high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by phil035 View Post
    supprised that [URL="http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=177534&st=400"]these[/URL] haven't made their way to the thread
    Probably because there's a whole thread of them. You can find it [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35747-Dark-Elf-Pictures"]here.[/URL]
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Given they don't print points costs in the battle reports these days
    They did in the most recent battle report, Black Templars vs Nurgle Marines and Nurgle Daemons, so they may have just changed this policy again ...

Chapter-Master

Oh right. I haven't got round to reading the space marine issue yet. Be a welcome change if they have, I had no idea how balanced the non-point games were with the lack of points displayed.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes the picture makes the COB an obvious mount (like Screaming Bell or Coven Throne). Hopefully it will have a 4+ ward as it will be cannon bait big time (just like Screaming Bell and Coven Throne). Gorgeous model though.

It will have a +5 Ward for the Unit its placed inside. It also gives Frenzy (Rage or what ever it is in english) if the Unit already has it, they will get 2 attackes instead of one.
    It also gives something in a range of 6" around the CoB. But forgot what it is sorry.

The Hydra btw lost its Regeneration. Has the ability to get Lifepoints back. It has d3 attacks + 1 attack for each lifepoint and will cost 160 points. (Without breath)

The Medusa will have an ability to force Initative tests with models in base contact. And it has Killing blow as a Range attack. I think it was 3 Attacks.

Thats the stuff i still have in mind. there was more but i dont remember it.

Some rumors from druchii.net. All credits go to Askador.

Chapter-Master

Some extra rules and clarifications from [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/more-dark-elf-rules-sisters-of.html"]Faeit[/URL].

via Geruchteckuche
    [url]http://www.magabotato.de/tabletop/item/geruechtekueche-dunkelelfen-erste-bilder[/url]
    Sisters of Slaughter: WS 6, I 6, A 2 and a 4++ ward.

via Jossy on Druchii.net
    Black Guard are ItP, ASF, Eternal hatred, Stubbord, Murderess prowess
    Stats are 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 2, 9

War Hydra is 180 points including fiery roar. Interesting the WD description talks about a lashing tail and poisoned tipped claws (possible upgrades IMO). The WD describes the War Hydra being able to regain wounds during the game, and then goes on to say its like an improved regeneration rule.

Dreadspears are 9ppm with Shield and spear, whilst rptxbows are 12ppm.

All Dark Elves all have ASF, Hatred (High Elves), and murderess prowess special rules

Witchelves also have Frenzy, and Poisoned attacks ontop of ASF, Hatred (HE) and MP.
    The frenzy is increased to +2 attacks with the CoB apparently (unconfirmed)

The CoB also magnifies murderous prowess - reroll all failed to wound rolls instead of just 1's

A High Beastlord has the ability to boost nearby monster units. Unsure of how. Presumably you can still get a beastlord hero as the High beastlord is a lord option.

The Medusa can be taken on a mount (bloodwrack throne) or on foot (er tail)
    On foot it is 90ppm and is selected from the rare option, has some sort of shooting attack with kb

I am surprised and happy to see the return of points values in WD battle reports :mrgreen:

Edit: Hellbron is included in the CoB model. Yes Plastic Hellbron, alongside a Bloodwrack Medussa, and a Hag...

I forgot to add, I've had confirmation that Black Guard are on stock run down. That means only one thing...

The WD also supports this as it mentions several times the "total redesign" of the Dark Elves, with only the CoK and Corsairs being 'sacred'

More via Druchii.net
    The Hydra btw lost its Regeneration. Has the ability to get Lifepoints back. It has d3 attacks + 1 attack for each lifepoint and will cost 160 points. (Without breath)

cauldron of blood will have a +5 Ward for the Unit its placed inside. It also gives Frenzy (Rage or what ever it is in english) if the Unit already has it, they will get 2 attackes instead of one.
    It also gives something in a range of 6" around the CoB. But forgot what it is sorry.

The Medusa will have an ability to force Initative tests with models in base contact. And it has Killing blow as a Range attack. I think it was 3 Attacks.
    Interesting stuff to say the least. It sounds like the Hydra got its much needed nerf, it doesn't have true Regeneration anymore but has a way to regrow wounds. My take is that this will work similarly to It Will Not Die from 40K, something like "on a 5+ at the end of your turn, the Hydra gains a wound" but it only goes up to a maximum total. Having D3 attacks plus the number of wounds sounds like, unfortunately (for other armies), it will have a bare minimum 6 attacks each round as I am assuming like most monsters it has 5 wounds. Still pretty ridiculous, but it sounds like it will be a lot easier to kill so there is that. That the breath weapon is a fiery roar leads to me believe it is a flat Strength 4 flaming breath weapon.

So it seems Murderous Prowess (the re-rolls 1s to wound) is indeed the Dark Elf equivalent to High Elves' Martial Prowess. Dark Elves have Hatred of High Elves, while High Elves are Immune to Panic against Dark Elves. Seems pretty fair to me. I wonder what people think is better, fighting in an extra rank, or re-rolling 1s to wound?

Those Sisters of Slaughter have a pretty crazy stat-line. They seem like the Dark Elf equivalent, in a sense, to Phoenix Guard; Black Guard, on the other hand, seem like White Lions without great weapons.
    Spearmen being 9 points is very fair, lines them up perfectly with High Elves. Nice, they were too cheap before. Repeater Crossbowmen being 2 points more expensive than High Elf Archers is also fair.

Witch Elves, at 11 point Core models, sound absolutely crazy. Between Frenzy and paired hand weapons, they either have three or four attacks base each with Poison, Always Strikes First and re-roll 1s to wound. That is absolutely ludicrous! I think I can see where everyone will be spending their Core points from now on! Jeez.
    Interesting other stuff, and Black Guard being run down probably means they will be part of the second wave release.
    The Cauldron of Blood seems like it will be awesome, giving its unit a 5+ ward save, Frenzy/boosted Frenzy, and re-roll all wounds rather than 1s. Would make Witch Elves even more ludicrous.

Hunh.....the Witch Elf models are a lot nicer with those clear photos.....hmmmm. I wanted to do a Slaanesh Daemon army, maybe I can do this instead. Argh, damnit GW! Too many releases!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Fly Lord

Dark Elves cover 9-27-2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark-elves-cover.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	5083
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Do we know if Harpies are still in the book?
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by D6Damager View Post
    Do we know if Harpies are still in the book?
    I can't see why they wouldn't be... they seem more at home there than in the Beasty book

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast