BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

I'm interested to see what they have done with corsairs, rules and points-wise

Daemon-Prince

.,.....70 bucks for Witch Elfs??????? What the hell....they are a 11p models a model so you will be spending.....what 280 bucks for a unit?

Also......WOW

American Prices
    -----------------
    Cauldron of Blood / Bloodwrack Shrine $75.00
    Witch Elves $60
    Kharibdyss / War Hydra $65
    Shadowblade $20
    The Cult of Khaine $329.75
    Dreadspears / Darkshards / Bleakswords $35
    Armybook $49.50
    Dark Elves 1-Click new release collection $304.50

Canadian Prices
    ----------------
    Cauldron of Blood / Bloodwrack Shrine $90.00
    Witch Elves $70
    Kharibdyss / War Hydra $80.00
    Shadowblade $25
    The Cult of Khaine $387.75
    Dreadspears / Darkshards / Bleakswords $40
    Armybook $59.50
    Dark Elves 1-Click new release collection $364.50
    Last edited by White Tiger88; 09-27-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    .,.....70 bucks for Witch Elfs??????? What the hell....they are a 11p models a model so you will be spending.....what 280 bucks for a unit?

Also......WOW

American Prices
    -----------------
    Cauldron of Blood / Bloodwrack Shrine $75.00
    Witch Elves $60
    Kharibdyss / War Hydra $65
    Shadowblade $20
    The Cult of Khaine $329.75
    Dreadspears / Darkshards / Bleakswords $35
    Armybook $49.50
    Dark Elves 1-Click new release collection $304.50

Canadian Prices
    ----------------
    Cauldron of Blood / Bloodwrack Shrine $90.00
    Witch Elves $70
    Kharibdyss / War Hydra $80.00
    Shadowblade $25
    The Cult of Khaine $387.75
    Dreadspears / Darkshards / Bleakswords $40
    Armybook $59.50
    Dark Elves 1-Click new release collection $364.50
    They have officially jumped the shark. There is no way that those prices can be justified. If there were 20 in a box yes, but not for 10. For 20 witch elves (maybe a 250 point unit which is your core at 1k) you can get 2 tactical squads and a rhino - that's 350pts of solid troops, giving you potentially 4 scoring units which all won't be killed by one uberspell.

Hellebron looks amazing:

As does the Medusa:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Yes they are nice. I just looked at the pre-orders and they have a 1 click for the Cult of Khaine for $329.75 US but you can buy them separately for $315 US. Wonder what gives.
    " "Pain, torture and dismemberment. These are the finer things in life. Shall I show you?!" Succubus Morna Fateweaver of the Azure Death Cult

Right, been examing the photos on GW.com closely:

Cauldron of Blood/Bloodwrack Shrine:
    My favourite big kit since the Coven Throne, I think this is gorgeous. The Cauldron of Blood is my favourite of the two, I think it's just magnificent and very Temple of Khaine. The Bloodwrack Shrine is wonderful but not quite as spectacular as the CoB. I do love that buying two kits to make one of each will net me a spare plastic statue of Khaine to use as an Avatar though. The sculpt of Hellebron included in the kit is my favourite sculpt from this release, absolutely stunning. The other Witch Elves are also beautiful though I don't like the face of the Hag as much as the others, hoping it is the paintjob. The price seems reasonable for such a large and impressive kit.

Hydra/Karibdyss:
    Karibdyss is amazing, easily the stand out of the two kits. Just so creepy and sinuous, with the eyeless maws gaping at you. The one on it's chest is particularly creepy. The hydra is a bit more goofy, but personally I really like it. I think it will be improved with a better paintjob, indeed I think it looks less cartoony in the 360 photo. The handlers both look suitably rugged and the female reminds me of Aurra Sing so +1 points right there.

Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter.
    I've been waiting many years for good, plastic Witch Elves and I was worried I'd be disappointed. I was not. The Witch Elves are beautiful and scary both at the same time. Not to mention perfectly feminine which is a plus, GW have certainly improved in their sculpting of women in recent years. I'd have liked a bit more variety of poses but it's not a big deal. I actually prefer these new plastic WEs to the Raging Heroes version which is saying something as I'm a big RH fangirl. The Sisters of Slaughter are brilliant as well, I love the creepy masks. I think they will make for excellent Dark Eldar Bloodbrides as well as their proper use. Price is a bit disappointing but the quality of the sculpt makes them worth personally.

Dreadspears/Darkshards/Bleakswords:
    A very, very welcome new kit for the Dark Elf core. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of females though, I hope we don't end up with a situation where all the heavily armoured troops are men and the only women are lightly armoured Witch Elves. The sculpts themselves are excellent, some of the hands are still bit big though but not irritatingly so and you can still paint them as gloves if need be.

Shadowblade:
    I don't like him. It's an extremely well executed, dynamic sculpt but I just find it lacking and not particularly intimidating. I prefer the existing Finecast assassin.

Overall, giving this release 9/10. Hope the rules are solid and well balanced. Witch Elves being core is a big plus for me.

Oh I forgot, the best bit? There is a second waving rumoured to be coming next month by a source who has been 100% accurate so far.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-28-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

Interesting choice on connecting the legs to the torsos... lot less variability but much to be gained in production value? (thats the only reason i could come up with for doings so)

Hellebron is off the hook. They're doing wonders with plastic characters these days.

Black Guard and Executioners, previously Finecast, aren't available from GW's website right now. Between that and the interview with the designers saying they wanted to redo the whole range, and only Cold One Knights and Corsairs - the two most recent plastic kits - were off the table, I'd expect a new plastic Black Guard/ Executioners box next month. I'd almost guarantee it. Maybe next month will be a grab-bag release?

For 20 witch elves (maybe a 250 point unit which is your core at 1k) you can get 2 tactical squads and a rhino - that's 350pts of solid troops, giving you potentially 4 scoring units which all won't be killed by one uberspell.
    Yes, you could have those things, but then you would be playing a different game entirely. I mean, really.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 09-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Yup, the source on Warseer who has been 100% right so far (with SM and now Dark Elves) says a second wave in a few weeks with Executioners, Black Guard, Dark Riders and a chariot, The latter two being dual kits.

A chariot, eh? That'd be cool.

Lizardmen was my previous favourite release this year. Now I'm not so sure.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast