BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default which template for imperial guard master of ordinance

Where in the BRB, IG codex or an errata does it clarify which template is used with the imperial guard master of ordinance?

I cannot find this anywhere... I had always assumed it was the large blast, but this week at the club someone asked where this is clarified... and we couldn't find a confirmation anywhere...

The codex entry does not specify a template size; it only states ordinance barrage.

The brb says barrage weapons use either blast or large blast templates...

And I can't find anything in any errata :-/

Unfortunately, it is the small blast marker. Anything that is actually the big marker is specified "Large Blast".
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

but anything that should have the small blast template says 'Blast'...

the problem is I can't find anywhere for the MOO that says Blast _or_ Large Blast...

Please could you advise where there is a reference to the MOO and 'Blast'?

Chapter-Master

I thought in 5th when that codex came out that Ordnance Barrages automatically used large template... Right I've grabbed the old rule book - 'they are treated exactly like ordnance', looked at the ordnance rules 'unless their profile states otherwise all ordnance blast weapons use the large blast marker' P58.

So to confirm it is definitely large blast - ask anyone who quibbles to show where in 6th it has changed to small...
    Last edited by Denzark; 06-27-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

well, in 6th the part about Ordnance always having 5" blasts is absent... so Ben is right: it's not explicitly stated in the current rule set. Not that I'd argue it was small blast... but technically one could even argue it doesn't have a template at all because none is mentioned, which of course is stupid because of it being barrage as well...

I still believe the correct template to use is Blast, instead of Large Blast, because of the following: Codex: IG, pg 31 details the rules for Artillery Bombardment, where it is specified as "Ordinance Barrage 1." Now on pg 53-54 of Codex: IG, we have the various artillery pieces. All of the Ordinance Barrage weapons listed on these pages are specified as "Ordinance Barrage 1, Large Blast." In the 6th ed BRB, Profiles, pg 138-140, the "Ordinance Barrage 1, Large Blast" wording is retained. To me, this seems to indicate that the Artillery Bombardment is intended to be a regular Blast marker.

Personally, I would rather it be a Large Blast, because even on a Hit, you're still scattering 2d6", which is sad.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I still believe the correct template to use is Blast, instead of Large Blast, because of the following: Codex: IG, pg 31 details the rules for Artillery Bombardment, where it is specified as "Ordinance Barrage 1." Now on pg 53-54 of Codex: IG, we have the various artillery pieces. All of the Ordinance Barrage weapons listed on these pages are specified as "Ordinance Barrage 1, Large Blast." In the 6th ed BRB, Profiles, pg 138-140, the "Ordinance Barrage 1, Large Blast" wording is retained. To me, this seems to indicate that the Artillery Bombardment is intended to be a regular Blast marker.

Personally, I would rather it be a Large Blast, because even on a Hit, you're still scattering 2d6", which is sad.
    If the small blast was specified it would say "Ordinance Barrage 1, Blast"... since it doesn't there is no reason to default to "Blast"

Given that in 5th the rules (although convoluted) said large blast; but in 6th it simply isn't specified (pain the the backside that that is), we are going to use "large blast" until it is clarified by GW

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyben View Post
    If the small blast was specified it would say "Ordinance Barrage 1, Blast"... since it doesn't there is no reason to default to "Blast"

Given that in 5th the rules (although convoluted) said large blast; but in 6th it simply isn't specified (pain the the backside that that is), we are going to use "large blast" until it is clarified by GW
    I agree, just because it lacks any blast at all, doesn't mean it automatically becomes small blast. If you want to be entirely accurate it becomes a single shot that no longer scatters and hits on his ballistics skill and is still Ordnance and Barrage (since those two rules don't necessarily preclude BEING blasts, they just almost always are). :P

That being said, in the edition the codex was released, they were large blast, therefore the intent of the rule is to be a large blast.

Chapter-Master

additionally, if you look at the profile, I believe the weapon is the exact same as the Basilisk. There's no reason to believe that it is anything else, and it fits with the weapon profile (360" range) and fluff.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I'm still stuck on the fact that every other Ord Barrage in the codex specifies "Large Blast". I mean, when was the last time you saw GW err on the side of thoroughness in rules? That being said, if they're going to leave the "hit scatters 2d6, miss scatters 3d6", then I'd prefer to see it be at least a Large Blast so you have some chance of hitting something with it. Personally I'd consider reducing it to Small Blast in exchange for it landing where you meant for it to land a more than fair trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast