BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Eldar Vs Blood Angels 1550pts

What was originally slated as a 1500pt match, my opponent I think wanted a Sang Priest =P.

Lists were approximately:

Asurmen w/ 7 Dire Avengers + PW/SS Exarch in Scatter/Cannon WS w/ Holos
    Spirit Seer w/ 5 Wraith Guard in Scatter/Cannon WS w/ Holos- was cursed by Dante's Mask
    5 Warp Spiders w/ Exarch (FS/SPinneret)
    5 Reapers w/ Exarch (FS)
    ADL w/ Icarus
    WK w/ Suncannon, Shield and Scatter

vs

Dante
    Chaplain w/ Jetpack/plasma
    Reclusiarch w/ Jetpack/Plasma
    3 x Assault Squads in Drop Pods (Melta, Sgt w/ 2 plasma pistols) (one got Red Thirst)
    2 x Furioso Dread in Drop Pod (One got red thirst)
    Sang Guard x5 with Melta Pistols
    Sang Priest

Was 1 objective each mission, Hammer and Anvil, Night Fighting turn 5&6 (cause we forgot). BA went first

The runes had been cast, and the threat was determined. The Monkeighs would come, to the craft world Ke'alla. A relatively small craft world, Ke'alla had little in the ways of defenses, however it was far from defenseless.

Gathering his Dire Avengers, Asurmen left immediately for the system, bringing with him the Dark Reapers, and Warp Spiders as well. Making planetfall shortly before the Monkeighs, Asurment erected an Aegis Defense Line, and brought several Wave Serpents to defend the Euclidian Crystal reserves. He was joined by Spiritseer Jahran, a squad of his personal Wraith Body Guard, and one of the Giant Ones.

The Monkeigh arrived from the skies, as they knew they would. Their bright red drop pods bursting open, a pair of Dreadnoughts strode forth, guns chattering into the Reapers. An assault squad landed as well, however the Blood Angel Warlord had yet to make his presence know.

The Reapers managed to score a hit on the first dread nought, but lost half their squad to return fire. Their resolve held firm however, and it was the Eldar's turn to retaliate.

The opening salvos were deadly. As the Dreadnoughts exposed their rear armor, both were blown from the face of the planet, the shrapnel wounding the remaining Reapers, and sending them away from the battle seeking a better position to counter attack.

The Wraith Knight landed 3 direct hits on the second dreadnought, destroying it as well, and the Wraith Guard managed to send the Assault squad fleeing.

The second round showed the Warlord Dante arrive, along with a squad of Sanguinary Guard, a Priest, and a Chaplain. They managed to avoid a peril of the warp by mere centimeters. the final 2 drop pods crashed into the ground, with 10 more assault troops pouring out.

Dante's brood fired into the rear of Asurmen's wave serpent, but the shields held, and despite 4 shots strong enough to penetrate, the holofields shrugged them all off but 1, and the crew were shaken.

The assault crew managed to take over the Lascannon from the fleeing Reapers, and scored a wound on the Knight. The last squad scored a second wound on the Knight with their melta gun.

Using Asurmen's trait, the Warp Spiders arrived within 7 inches of the Sanguinary Guard, even though the Lascannon wielding Monkeighs killed one on arrival. The Wraith Guard finished off a squad of Assault Marines, while their serpent killed 3/5 of the lascannon crew. The Knight and Spiders managed to decimate the Sanguinary Guard, including 20ap2 wounds. Dante and the Chaplain were the only survivors, bothing with 1 remaining wound. Asurmen's Serpent retrated to the far end of the board to recoup.

In the third turn, Dante and the Chaplain ran past the Spiders intent on killing the Knight. They were joined by 5 assault marines. The lascannon crew assaulted a serpent, but did no damage, and the drop pods tried their luck at killing Spiders. They failed.

Charging in, Dante and the Chaplain both refused to challenge the Knight, leaving the sarge to do so with his Krak grenade. The knight failed horribly missing 4 times, but the combat was a draw.

In the Eldar 3rd, the Knight splatted the sarge, the Spiders blew up a Drop pod, the Wraith Guard a second, and Asurmen's serpent a third. Asurmen and his squad claimed an objective. For some reason, Dante, still afraid, sent the Chaplain after th Knight. it too died.

The forth turn saw the marines obliterated, with only 1 drop pod remaining other than the Knight's combat. Dante REFUSED to fight LMAO and the knight killed 2 of the the assault troops. The Dire Avengers spread out to claim line breaker while the Wraith Guard claimed the 2nd objective. Eldar were up 8-0.

The 5th turn resulted in Dante making all his saves, but still failin to wound the Knight. The rest of the Eldar army (everything except the fleeing Reapers) lit up smokes, and bull****ted about what they were going to do later.

It was dark now, and dante decided to nut up. He died horribly as the Knight stepped on him. Closing out the 6th turn, Asurmen charged the assault troops and kill stole the Knight, killing all 3 before they could attack.

The Monkeigh were cleansed, Dante's soiled codpiece sent back to the Emperor.

Eldar Victory 9-0. Blood Angels tabled.

Key Factors:

BA guy went first for some reason. I always defer with my pods /shrug. First round he had 2 Dreads and an Assault squad in my face, 2 of which BEHIND my aegis line!! I shot one with interceptor, but only managed a glance. Some amazing going to ground saved me with a 6 and he missed a few shots. His exposing his back of Dreads was amazing. one WS fired through the ADL with its Serpent shield, managed 7 shots, along with its Scatters and Snapped cannons managed 4-5 pens. The other got hosed by the Wraith Knight, who managed to hit x2 and scatter 3inches hehe with his suncannon. 2 more pens netted another blown up Dreadnought. The shrapnel killed my last reaper, making the Sarge run though. LOL. they were 4 inch from my board edge, and did nothing. Oh well.

The WK, which was a total failure vs 3000pts of Tau/SW last week was worth its US price in gold bars. It killed a Dread turn 1, dropped 3 hits on Dante's squad (for 21 hits and 20 ap2 wounds) in round 2, and then killed Dante, the Chaplain, and 5 assault guys in turns 3-6. Im guessing easily 700+ points. I think my opponent was pissed I didn't bring Asurmen out to fight Dante...lol by why would I when I could dangle that T8 monster there for him to fight especially when he rolls in with 1 wound left.

Eldar are 3-1 so far in 6e, and seem to do better the more they get painted. Ill try to post some pics next time.
    Cheers

Good story and a great victory! I also face BA and/or GK very often and it´s a pleasure to hear them getting obliterated...thank God, the FNP is only 5+ now, the ultimate annoyance is removed, yeah!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Yep last time I faced them, the dude had several of those priests running around. Once I manage to kill them, its smooth sailing. I was worried turn 1 with his pods landing but thank god for the missed melta guns and saves by my reapers. They might hae killed nothing, but they ate up some shots!

The pod assault is baaad. I face SW also and it´s always a lottery trying to make a list against these dudes. Should i push or prepare for a pod´s from the sky? Landraider is better option to face, cos i usually have at least couple of Bright Lances in the list. But Stormraven with Sanguinor(?) and a flamer/close combat Drednaught is the thing i hate the most...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"