My first novel is being released in paperback later this month, and my publisher Orbit is running a giveaway competition on Goodreads!

ARTEFACT is book one of THE LAZARUS WAR, a science fiction military adventure. Here's a rundown of the plot:

"Captain Conrad Harris has died two hundred and eighteen times – and he has felt every death…

"In the 23rd century, mankind has spread out into the stars, only to find itself locked in eternal warfare with the insidious Krell. On the farthest edges of known space, a stalemate has been hard won, and a Quarantine Zone is being policed by the only people able to contain the Krell menace: the brave soldiers of the Simulant Operation Programme, an elite military team who remotely operate bioengineered avatars in the most dangerous theatres of war.

"Captain Conrad Harris is a veteran of the Sim Ops Programme, a man who has died hundreds of times running suicide missions inside his simulants. Known as Lazarus, Harris is a man addicted to death, and driven by the memory of a lover lost to the Krell many years before. So when a secret research station deep in the Quarantine Zone suddenly goes dark, there is no other man who could possibly lead a rescue mission.

"Yet, on arrival at Helios Station, all is not as it seems. Ambushed by a Krell patrol, Harris and his team find themselves stranded planet-side, their simulants destroyed. Far from home, and surrounded by enemies on every side, Harris must find answers to a very real question: how does a man inured to the idea of dying, face up to the prospect of a real, unsimulated death?"

The book is out on 25th February 2016 – for your chance to enter the competition check out here: [url]https://t.co/p9kaHDnOSa[/url]

You can find out more about my book (and the rest of THE LAZARUS WAR series) on [url]www.jamiesawyer.com[/url]