BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back to 40k - Starting a Eldar army but what to buy!

So it's been a few years since I have played last played 4th edition I think...

I used to play an assassin based Daemonhunters army but have loved Eldar ever since 2nd edition when I used to run a small Harlequin army.

So I have spent the afternoon reading the 59 page thread about the Eldar codex and now can't decide what to buy!

I have 2 main ideas for armies Wriaths or Serpent spam

I will be wanting to play the army competitively hopefully too.

For the serpent list i was thinking of buying - 6 Eldar Battleforce,2 fire prism and a HQ

For the Wraiths - Spirtseer - 25 wraithguard,4 wave serpents,2 Wraithlord ,1 wraitknight and 2 flyers

But I suppose as I have not played these armies and haven't played 6th yet do they work?

Would you suggest a better list?
    What unit would be you must have?

thanks for any advice

Sam

Librarian

I'd say Wraith-spam is a good choice, with tough Serpents and lots of possible target saturation, many armies can't deal with T6 in their deployment zone turn 2. And it would be a cool army aesthetic-wise.
    The other main choice i see (IMO) would be a balanced list of Dire Avengers troops, a Squad or two of Reapers with Starshot's, a Wraithknight or two, and Jetbike seer with Wind riders or Mantle of the Laughing god. Don't forget to have either Harlequins or Scorpions as your assault elements, or Counter-assault elements, and your pretty much set.

It really comes down to what and who your playing against.

Wraith knight worth every penny.

newdar is gr8 fun... rangers are still dodgy and pathfinders massively overcosted... but pretty much everything else works ... bs4 makes a huge difference and battle focus is useful... good luck !

Brother-Captain

I always vote for robot zombies and guys with ninja star guns on their face.

if you do go wraith buy the Iyanden Supplement

Can´t go wrong, if you add some (loads of!) Walkers...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Quote Originally Posted by guard40k View Post
    Wraith knight worth every penny.
    no it isnt... last tourney 2 wraith knights there did very little..

war walkers are very very good.. as are dark reapers

walker spam can be fun... especially against men in boxes... but with the new nightfight rules i would happily take on an eldar walker army... though their new 5+ power field save is long overdue...

my favourite unit in new codex is spiderz with hunter killer exarch

If there just was a way to put fe. 4 Walkers in one squadron...mmmm...war walkers kill...i got 9 already and still thinking about getting three more for the Bel-Annath list...that plus double FOC...HEAVY...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast