BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bluepowerade View Post
    Would Karandras be worth considering over Asurmen? With an Exarch with shield, he will have a 5++. His warlord trait would actually work pretty well with their shuriken catapults, and he absolutely destroys everything in CC.
    it could work out. Against MEQ's and TEQ's Karandras wounds easier but not by much 2s vs 3s, but when it comes to taking saves with ap 2, Asurmen has a better invulnerable save, Against MC's Karandras wounds much easier typically still on a 2+ and gives the squad monster hunter while Asurmen wounds typically on 5+ but can remove the model if it fails a LD test after taking a wound and most MC will not die to karandras' attacks so Asurmen's 4++ or 3++ with shield of grace is useful. Then in challenges Karandras will ID anything T4 and has stalker, where Asurmen has the removal ability for EW and the better invulnerable saves.

I know that the Phoenix Lords can join other aspects but I think its just easier to keep them in the same aspect for simplification.

Karandras also has an additional attack, as well as his mandiblasters. It really does seem like a toss up. Asurmen getting multiple warlord traits "could" also come in handy.

As for the ID on MC's, most seem to have ld 9 or 10, making it an unreliable means of removing them.

I do agree, it would look odd with mix and matched phoenix lords and aspect warriors.

Asurmen and Karandras have the same number of attacks and plus one for the ccw, and you get your armor save against the madiblasters so they are kind of a toss up hilarious when they work otherwise but otherwise kinda meh.

Removing the MC with a failed LD on a 9 or 10 is still more likely than Karandras killing a MC in one turn.

Also note that Asurmen's weapon is master crafted for the one re-roll.

Jain Zar, Mugen Ra, and Feugan are the only PL that i see being of any use in a different Aspect. Jain Zar's mask reduces WS by 5 when she charges so you auto hit and they can't make attacks back and she has fear (not nearly as useful or reliable) making any cc group even Banshees good, Mugen Ra's assault 4/5 with rending and pinning great for a shooting unit or a unit to charge, and Feugan can Shoot at a transport to pop it so that his unit can charge it.

Asurmen brings is D3 warlord traits, Karandras brings stealth which isn't bad, and both of them are pretty good in cc. Barroth either yells at his squad for being to slow (every infantry unit) or for being to fast (spiders and turbo boosting bikes).

oh I didn't think Asurmen had two weapons, but I don't have my codex on me at the moment. I'm going to play a game today and give the big guy a chance and see how he does.

Do you have a personal HQ choice preference Asuryan?

Veteran-Sergeant

d3 traits increases the chances of getting a rerollable 2+ armor save .. that is why i love asurmen

he is he beat stick among the pheonix lords and provides his own inv save, the others can be used effectivley but he's probably the best for standalone use

So i played a game against IG allied with some Templars. Asurmen got relatively useless warlord traits of course, the best being ambush of blades, which ended up being overkill for wee little guard. It was kill points and I won by one point. Made some poor choices, and lost my fire prism the first turn which hurt. I really liked the WK with the dual heavy D cannons. Killed a venerable dread and a leman russ, as well as absorbing a huge amount of firepower.

Dire Avengers were fine in their anti infantry role. They are actually quite a bit more survivable, as the move at near max range, unleash a volley, then run back eliminated almost all return fire.

My opponent was complaining a bit about the wave serpent shields which i thought was funny. it is an impressive weapon, but you have to pay the points to get it.

Fire dragons laid waste to his land raider and left his deathstar templar unit footslogging and they did nothing the entire game. Those poor dragons were lost in battle though....

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the list, I think I may downgrade from asurmen. He is a tough guy, but I could go for a far cheaper HQ who will still serve as much a purpose. I think with the points savings I will try for some War Walkers.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bluepowerade View Post
    So i played a game against IG allied with some Templars. Asurmen got relatively useless warlord traits of course, the best being ambush of blades, which ended up being overkill for wee little guard. It was kill points and I won by one point. Made some poor choices, and lost my fire prism the first turn which hurt. I really liked the WK with the dual heavy D cannons. Killed a venerable dread and a leman russ, as well as absorbing a huge amount of firepower.

Dire Avengers were fine in their anti infantry role. They are actually quite a bit more survivable, as the move at near max range, unleash a volley, then run back eliminated almost all return fire.

My opponent was complaining a bit about the wave serpent shields which i thought was funny. it is an impressive weapon, but you have to pay the points to get it.

Fire dragons laid waste to his land raider and left his deathstar templar unit footslogging and they did nothing the entire game. Those poor dragons were lost in battle though....

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the list, I think I may downgrade from asurmen. He is a tough guy, but I could go for a far cheaper HQ who will still serve as much a purpose. I think with the points savings I will try for some War Walkers.
    yea if you don't want to go close up then go back to the mantle/bike'd farseer. can guide and precience the wraithlord and fire prism.

busy putting together a spinner and guardian list for weekend... need the aviator for fearless bubble and close up anti tank / monster... but suddenly remembered why maugan ra is good with his reaper buddies ... or any other long range heavies... he has night vision... and if he is warlord ... split fire as well... and 5 st 6 ap 3 close combat attacks isnt too shabby... not a monster but good buffs to a shooty army...

I was considering him with an icarus aegis line. Split fires that 2 shot lascannon with night vision, which is not a bad deal. Then has a nice comfy 4+ cover.

How are spinners?

not tried them under new codex yet but at 115pts and able to keep away from cron bugs, might be a cheap option,,, ;-}

doomweaver can now torrent at shorter ranges so happy pointy eared faces !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast