BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default What I want for the new Codex: Imperial Guard and Supplements

As a avid Guard player since the 3rd war for Armageddon I'd love to see some of the old favor come back and fixing of some issues with in the Guard codex.

Wishlist:
    Commissars go back to a 0-5 HQ Option instead of a 5th edition squad style upgrade (was always a horrible idea). Commissar leadership only come back into play AFTER the Leader is shot. One one that can replace the Company Commander as a Lord Commissar or be an IC
    IG priest be brought into line with the Sisters Priest with one being able to be upgraded to replace Company Commander or be an IC
    Techpriest get IC rule and one being able to be upgraded to replace the Company Commander or be an IC
    Lord Solar Macharius!
    Yarrik and Krell points cut in half
    Creed get a slight drop in points
    Straken get a 5 point bump

Orgyn get their points dropped by 10 pts, at least. They're over costed and under performing.
    Stormtroopers go from 16-11 points each and be able to score if they achieve a certain objective assigned before the game. Allow a Valkyrie or Vendetta to be a Dedicated Transport
    PBS changed that one can be upgraded to a Primus Psyker that can replace the Company Commander or be an IC. You can also attach individual Psykers to squads for buffing (think Warlocks)

Place Veteran squads under the Platoon structure and make them a 0-1 option
    Cut heavy weapon and special weapons teams to 0-2 option each per Platoon
    Make Penal troops a 10-20 man squads with options for heavy/special weapons.

Give Chimeras access to the Autocannon Turret

Allow Rough riders to always score and get T4. Allow them to forgo a turn of shooting to attach new hunting lance heads so they can charge again. Also allow them to a charge through attack similar in concept to DE Reavers
    Bump Vendetta to 170 pt
    Bump Valkyries to 110 pts (double a chimera)
    Give both Sentinels access to Multi Meltas and heavy bolters.
    Make Scout Sentinels Elites
    Add Vultures

Add static artillery platforms
    heavy weapons platoons
    removing of Griffons from the HS section and placed in the elite section
    Dropping the Executioner points to 170 and have the option of either 3 blasts or one large blasts both str 7 ap 2
    Allow for hullmounted multi meltas and plasma cannons on the LR's

Now for Supplements:
    Catachans! deerrrr!!!!
    Elysians (I'd say 50/50 that it says FW only)
    Tallarn
    Steel Legion of Armageddon

DKoK will 99.9% stay FW only

In general other than the Vendetta there are a lot of units that point costed right or need to drop. Some moving of units and tweaking of rules would fix the bulk of the IG Codex current issues.
    I'd love to a regimental system come back but I sadly doubt that would happen thanks to the Supplements Books now.

Veteran-Sergeant

An intresting wish list, I would say that Cadians are the vanilla guard and all the other regiments should get a supplement book (not that there are any regiments left) or at least a special character in the main codex to give certain options to your army depending on the chosen regiment character. This would still work if you had two special characters as HQ choices from different regiments concidering Guard regiments do not get reinforced from their homeworld as per the fluff you could have lets say Catachans and Elysians to utalise both army doctrines to allow for a really unique and fluff driven army list. Also would like to see the old regiments either handed over to FW or made into conversion sprues (head swaps, long coat leg swaps, ect).

I don't wish list but Yarrik should get an Invunreable save!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer13 View Post
    As a avid Guard player since the 3rd war for Armageddon
    time travel!
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialpower View Post
    An intresting wish list, I would say that Cadians are the vanilla guard and all the other regiments should get a supplement book
    Bring back the catachan!

Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer13
    Lord Solar Macharius!
    Here, here... now that's a great idea

Rough Rider army please?

Tallarn / "Deathworld" army supplement

Fatagn!

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Those changes would please any IG collector. my only question would be heavy or special weapons in penal squads would be pointless, I personally don't use them but my opinion of them is that they are just pure cannon fodder and giving them heavy or special weapons would be a waste of points, pointless , haha!